Explore the very outer Great Barrier Reef in luxury and style with Calypso. The custom designed vessel will take you to Agincourt or Opal Reef, both regarded as some of the most significant sites on the Great Barrier Reef. Snorkeling is the easiest way to experience the reef or try and introductory dive, no experience required. For the advanced divers, certified diving is available. Let Calypso take you to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef and explore the rich and diverse coral gardens.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Snorkel gear included
- Family friendly
- Buffet lunch included
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tour
Custom built snorkel only vessels allow access to renowned sites at Opal and Tongue Reefs which provide the perfect day of snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef. These dedicated snorkeling vessels are ideal for those who are happy snorkeling on the surface of the water, viewing the vast array of corals and marine species. Calypso’s experienced crew conduct guided snorkel tours daily, identifying marine species. Also available on board is an ‘interpretive talk’ where the crew will explain in detail the sheer size of the reef to its inhabitants, how its changed over time and what we can all do to help preserve this natural wonder.
From mere beginners to advanced certified divers, Calypso offers something for everyone. Traveling to three reef sites on Agincourt Reef* allows for up to three dives in a day. Introductory divers are placed in groups of four with a PADI Dive Instructor. Certified divers are in groups of up to seven and are fully guided by PADI Dive Masters. For those divers traveling with family or friends who do not dive, snorkeling is available at all sites and dedicated crew will ensure the experience is one that won’t be forgotten. Diving is at an additional charge.
*If conditions are unfavorable, divers and snorkelers will be taken to Opal Reef where there is more protection from swell.
• Calypso has dedicated snorkeling vessels and vessels that occupies both divers and snorkelers
• Calypso owns the largest number of mooring sites on the Great Barrier Reef with 37 different sites
• All of Calypso’s vessels are custom designed for comfort, ease of access into the water and user friendly.
• Flexibility to move to protected reef sites if swell increases due to unfavorable weather conditions
• Calypso crew provide a personalized experience for all guests on board. All snorkeling equipment is provided
Inclusions for Calypso Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise From Port Douglas
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Afternoon tea
- Buffet lunch
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Guided snorkel tour
- Interpretive reef talk
Exclusions for Calypso Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise From Port Douglas
- Environmental Management Charge (AUD$6.50)
- Soft drinks
6.50 – 8.20am Transfers commence from accommodation
8.15am Check in at Calypso Shop at the Reef Marina
8.45am Departure time. Guests welcomed, introductory and certified divers are briefed for diving
10.15am 1st snorkel and dive site on Opal/Agincourt Reef. Snorkel safety brief is offered. Morning tea
11.45am Move to 2nd site
11.55am 2nd site. Guided snorkel tours optional. Lunch served. Interpretive Reef Talk provided after lunch.
1.30pm Move to 3rd site
1.40pm 3rd site. Guided snorkel tours optional. Afternoon tea.
3.00pm Depart Opal/Agincourt Reef
4.15pm Arrive at Marina
4.30pm Transfers back to accommodation
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted to dive.
Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
Children must be accompanied by an adult
If its raining on your day of travel, the tour will still go ahead. If Calypso cancels due to poor weather, mainly high winds, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Cancellation fees may apply if less than 24 hours notice is given prior to departure
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Sunset Sailing Cruise From Port Douglas
- Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas
- Afternoon Low Isles Snorkeling And Sailing Cruise From Port Douglas
- Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling And Diving Cruise From Port Douglas
- Great Barrier Reef Scenic Helicopter Tour And Cruise From Port Douglas
- Low Isles Great Barrier Reef Sailing Cruise From Port Douglas
- Mossman Gorge Dreamtime Walk And Low Isles Snorkeling And Sailing Cruise
- Aquarius Luxury Sailing To Low Isles From Port Douglas
- Kuranda Scenic Railway Day Trip From Port Douglas
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Day Trip From Port Douglas