Activities at Kim Bong Village
1. Visit boat building workshop
The first stop is a boat building workshop where you can see how wooden boats are made by the skillful hands of the workers there maintained from the 15th century.
2. Visit Huynh Ri carpentry workshop
You will see the artisans working with their skillful hands on the crafts. Kim Bong’s common products such as furniture, religious statues and finely crafted wooden doors can be found and bought at this shop.
3. Visit a family that makes rice noodle
Here, you can interact with local people and even can try making the noodle yourself and know more about the daily life of the people on the island.
4. Visit a family that makes sleeping mat
Sleeping mat is an essential thing in daily life of Vietnamese people, especially for those who live in rural areas. Visiting this family and try making the sleeping mat under the instructions of locals is an interesting thing you must try while being on the island.
5. Visit Huynh family Temple
Huynh family is a big family in Hoi An and on Cam Kim island. This is the place where the Huynh family’s ancestors are worshiped. Here you can have large knowledge about the architecture of Vietnamese temples as well as Vietnam history.
6. Visit a kindergarten/primary school
During our ride, we will stop by a kindergarten/primary school where the lovely little kids study. The only word they know is “hello,” “hello,” “hello”. They love to see foreigners and love being photographed. You will love them.
Why choose us?
- You get the chance to see some of the lesser explored parts of Hoi An.
- It’s a great way of interacting with locals
- You don’t get harassed to buy things
- There are so many photo opportunities
- You will learn a lot about local culture
- You will be touched by the kindness of the people you meet
- You will be paying it forward
On this tour, we give a small donation to the families whose homes you visit along the way. It’s a great way of supporting the local community, and you get a fun and informative morning in return.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Hrs
Departure Time :
at 07: 30 am
Departure Details :
Your Local Booking Office
Return Details :
567 Hai Bà Trưng, Sơn Phong, Tp. Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Cam Kim is a scenic rural island which is almost entirely free of tourists. Cam Kim village tour this pleasant ride gives cyclists a fantastic sampling of the countryside of Vietnam meandering through stunning rural scenes, rice paddies with water buffalo, villages, and local life. Cam Kim Bicycle Tour aims to offer unusual tours with memories which will remain with you forever. Our tour experiences are heightened by the absence of souvenir sellers along the route so that all you see are the REAL friendly Vietnamese faces. It is truly local culture explore.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Activities at Kim Bong Village
- Bicycle, English speaking tour guide, Vietnamese coffee, Making rice paper, Learning how to weave sleeping mat, Water, Many photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
TIPS TO BRING: Sun protection creams & lotions; Fully charged cameras; Caps/hat; Footwear flip-flops, thongs, sandal; Sunglasses
Distance: 10 km (round trip)
You Might Also Like
- Hue Heritage Tour including Lunch from Hoi An
- Monkey Mountain Explorer Day Trip from Hoi An by War Era Jeep
- Half-Day Marble Mountain Tour from Hoi An
- Half Day Silk Cloth Producing Process Discovery Tour
- Hoi An to Hue and Versa by Private Car Transfer with English Speaking Driver
- Private Hoi An and Da Nang Shore Excursion from Port
- My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Ancient Town Small-Group Tour
- Half-Day Hoi An Countryside Tour on Electric Scooter