OverviewExplore the wild and wonderful Camargue region in Provence on this half-day trip from Aix! After a walking tour of its pretty coastal capital, Les Saintes Maries de la Mer, how you spend the rest of the afternoon is up to you! Bring a bathing suit for a swim in the sea, or choose from one of two optional activities (own expense): visit Pont de Gau Ornithological Park to see the region’s pink flamingos, or enjoy a horse trek through the rugged Parc Naturel Regional de Camargue.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourLeave central Aix-en-Provence, and travel west, passing through the Roman town of Arles, toward the Camargue. A rugged stretch of wild wetlands, the area is officially known as Parc Naturel Regional de Camargue a protected site to conserve its rich abundance of flora and fauna.
Look out for black bulls and wild horses roaming freely as you head away from the beaten Provencal tourist trail, and then stop in the pretty coastal town of Les Saintes Maries de la Mer. Explore this sleepy capital of the Camargue on a walking tour with your guide, soaking up its uniquely Mediterranean ambiance, illustrated by its white-washed houses and paella cooking on the streets. Head inside the towns medieval church glise des Saintes Maries and hear about Ste Sarah, the towns much revered patron saint.
After your walking tour, enjoy some free time to do as much (or as little!) as you like. Bring your bathing suit and go for a swim in the sea, or arrange to do one of two optional activities with your guide (own expense). Either visit Pont de Gau Ornithological Park to see the regions famous pink flamingos, or venture out on a horse ride through the Camaragues marshes or along the beach. Experience isnt necessary simply join a trek thats suited to your ability.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and return to Aix in the comfort of your air-conditioned minibus. Your tour finishes in the early evening at the start point.
Inclusions for Camargue Tour From Aix-en-Provence
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Exclusions for Camargue Tour From Aix-en-Provence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Visit to Pont de Gau Ornithological Park (approx. 7.50 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.