OverviewVisit the countryside outside Siem Reap for a hands-on Khmer cooking class and a chance to witness rural life in Cambodia. You'll tour a local village and glimpse the kitchen in a traditional home, and then head to a cooking school situated in a charming indoor-outdoor venue. A professional chef teaches you the secrets to making three delicious Khmer dishes while you help prepare the meal. Afterward, have time to relax on the garden pavilion at sunset before enjoying the feast that you made. This 4-hour activity is limited to 12 for a small-group experience with your guide.
- All necessary equipment included
- Dinner included
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from Siem Reap hotels by tuk tuk, head to a nearby village for a short tour of the local community.
During the approximate 15-minute drive, you may see farmers returning from the rice fields, spot buffalo or oxcarts, get a glimpse of traditional homes, and see some of the fruits and vegetables that grow in the area. You can even look inside someone’s kitchen and check out the charcoal pot used to cook an entire family meal.
Once you've seen the village, head to the lovely venue that hosts your cooking class. Your guide takes you into the herb garden to show you some commonly used culinary herbs and to collect some fresh ones for tonight’s dishes.
Then begin your class, following along as your cooking teacher shows you how to prepare an appetizer, main course and dessert, as well as your choice of a cocktail or herbal tea. You’ll work at your own cooking station and learn simple presentation techniques that will impress the guests at your next dinner party. Dishes may change, but a sample menu might consist of mango salad, fish amok (a traditional Cambodian dish) and bananas cooked with palm sugar.
When the preparation is over, you have time to relax with your classmates on the tranquil dining pavilion while the professional staff puts the final touches on your meal. Sip your cocktail or herbal tea next to the tropical garden as you watch the sunset.
Then sit down to dinner! Savor the tasty dishes you made, and receive a copy of the recipes to take home with you.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off back in Siem Reap.
Inclusions for Cambodian Cooking Class In The Siem Reap Countryside
- Local guide and chef
- Ingredients and instructions for preparing three dishes
- 3-course dinner accompanied by a cocktail or tea
- One cooking station per person
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottle of water
- Printed recipe card
Exclusions for Cambodian Cooking Class In The Siem Reap Countryside
- Additional beverages (available for purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years old
Please dress conservatively; knees and shoulders must be covered
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
During the rainy season, it is recommended that you bring an umbrella or light jacket; ponchos are available for a small fee from local shops or markets, if necessary
Hotel pickup for this tour occurs from 4pm to 4:15pm, and varies due to how long it may take the guide to pick up all the customers; please be ready no later than 4pmpm
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Siem Reap Ceramic Art Painting Class
- Half Day Khmer Cooking Class
- Georges Local Rum Tasting
- Apsara Dance Performance Including Buffet Dinner And Hotel Pickup
- Rosana Broadway Show Tickets Including Round-Trip Hotel Pickup
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit And Liqueur Tasting
- Kampong Phluk Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Small-Group Day Tour To Kompong Khleang From Siem Reap
- The Great Escape In Siem Reap Including Hotel Pickup
- Siem Reap Local Life And Community Village Full-Day Tour