From USD 65
OverviewDiscover the folklore and history of Campeche on a trip through the village of Becal, famous for production of popular Panama hats and the historic area of Campeche, once scenario of glorious battles. Your tour includes transport and a professional guide.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel in Merida and transferred to the small village of Becal, located just at the border of Yucatan and Campeche states. Visit 17-century colonial church and the Parque de los Sombreros, known for its big hats monument. Learn about the process of making Panama hats from Jipi-japa fiber, watch a demonstration by local artisans who have been working inside caves for several generations to preserve the quality of the palm fronds.
From Becal you will continue your tour to Campeche, the ancient walled city, located at the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and, once a fortress against the pirates' attacks during the colonial times. Your first stop will be at Fuerte San Miguel, the biggest 17-century fortress of Campeche, now converted into Mayan Archaeological Museum.
After that, you will visit the historic district of the city and enjoy a local lunch. After lunch you will have free time to explore on your own, walk and take pictures of the cathedral and old city gates Puerta de Mar y Puerta de Tierra, before returning to your hotel in Merida.
Inclusions for Campeche World Heritage City And Becal Town Day Trip From Merida
- Round-trip transportation
- Bilingual certified guide
- Admission fees
Exclusions for Campeche World Heritage City And Becal Town Day Trip From Merida
- Beverages during lunch
- Optional gratuities
- Souvenirs and personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunglasses, hat and extra cash for souvenirs and personal expenses
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.