Canberra Day Trip From Sydney
OverviewExplore beautiful Canberra, Australias capital city, on a full-day trip from Sydney. Visit famous sights including the Australian War Memorial, Parliament House, the National Museum or National Portrait Gallery, and the Lodge, home to the Prime Minister. Enjoy guided tours of key sights along with plenty of stops for photo ops in one of the few planned cities in the world, designed by visionary architects. Check out the charming town of Berrima and get spectacular views from Mt Ainslie as you approach the city.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourYour full-day tour starts with morning pickup from your Sydney hotel. Set out for Canberra aboard your comfortable air-conditioned coach, listening to your guides informative commentary about the sights you pass.
On the way to Canberra youll stop in Southern Highlands at Sutton Forest. Here you can stretch your legs or treat yourself to morning tea (own expense).
Continuing on, your coach climbs to the summit of Mt Ainslie where you get panoramic views over Canberra. Look for the large red-brick boulevard named ANZAC Parade, in honor of ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) troops. It forms the main axis between Parliament House and Mount Ainslie.
As you drive through central Canberra, your guide points out important civic monuments such as National Library of Australia, National Carillon bell tower, the High Court of Australia and the Captain Cook Memorial Jet (fountain).
Your day trip includes private guided tours of the Australian War Memorial, and either the National Art Gallery or the National Museum of Australia depending on the exhibits. Your guide provides fascinating insight into each museum, which present top-notch exhibits that explore Australian culture and history.
You also get a guided tour of the stunning Parliament House, which reopened in 1988 after extensive renovations. The innovative buildings include rooftop gardens with 360-degree views of the city. Later, drive past The Lodge, which is the official residence of the Prime Minister. As Australias political and administrative center, Canberra houses various foreign embassies and other key national institutions.
After taking in the many highlights of Canberra, head back to Sydney in the late afternoon, with a stop en route where you can purchase dinner. Your tour ends in the evening when you are returned to your original pick-up points.
Inclusions for Canberra Day Trip From Sydney
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Selected hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Canberra Day Trip From Sydney
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Children must be accompanied by an adult
You may choose to stay at the Australian War Memorial in lieu of either the National Art Gallery or National Museum of Australia (whichever is applicable)
Please note that no bags or backpacks allowed in the War Memorial
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Blue Mountains Day Trip from Sydney Including Featherdale Wildlife Park, Wentworth Falls, and Leura Cascades
- Sydney Airport Arrival Shuttle to Sydney CBD, North Sydney and White Bay Cruise Terminal
- Surry Hills Design, Fashion and Food Walking Tour
- Sydney Harbour Jet Boat Thrill Ride: 30 Minutes
- Sydney Bike Tours
- Rustic Art Deco Walking Tour through Chippendale and Redfern Including Lunch