OverviewDiscover Australia's capital city, Canberra on this day-trip from Sydney. Offering a mix of city and country, Canberra boasts both an ultra modern exterior within the compounds of an outer region filled with rugged mountains and rolling hills. Take a short break in Berrima, a historic town established in the 1830's before making your way to the heart of Canberra for a guided tour of the Australian War Memorial, National Art Gallery or National Museum of Australia and the Parliament House.
- Excellent value for money
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide at your designated hotel, travel approximately 1.5-hours to Berrima; a small heritage town established in the 1830’s. Here you’ll stop for morning tea (own expense) or if you’d like to stretch your legs, take a short stroll through the village and along the river.
Before arriving in Canberra, you’ll make one final stop at the summit of Mt Ainslie; located within Canberra’s National Park. Here you’ll have a short 15-minute break for an opportunity to view the unique city of Canberra surrounded by mountain ranges. Make sure to bring your camera as the picturesque view is the perfect photo opportunity!
Your first stop in Canberra is the Australian War Memorial where you'll take a guided tour. Travel back in time as you pay tribute to those Australian’s who lost their lives in the wars of the Commonwealth. Here you’ll discover the sacrifice of the Australian soldiers and be deeply moved as you come to realize the impact that war has had on our society. Enjoy lunch at the cafe (own expense) before heading to the National Museum or the National Art Gallery.
Arrive at the National Art Gallery (or National Museum of Australia subject to current exhibits) to view some of Australia’s best art collections. The gallery boasts stunning artworks from an array of influences such as Australian, Asian, Pacific, Contemporary, European+American and Indigenous.
A visit to Canberra isn’t complete without a visit to the Parliament House. Take a guided tour of Australia’s parliament house, the meeting point of the nation for an extensive tour of the Chambers and many of its 4,700 rooms. Learn about the incredible architecture, history, artwork and Australian democratic processes as you wander through the Parliament House. If you’re lucky, you may even witness the Houses of Parliament in session.
Next, take a tour of Canberra city viewing the Prime Minister’s official residence, the Lodge as well as the National Library dating back to 1901. If that’s not enough, located on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin, see the largest reference library in Australia holding up to 10-million different types of material held on their bookshelves. As you drive around the man-made Lake Burley Griffin, also view the High Court of Australia and the iconic Carillon Bell Tower, received as a gift from the British Government to mark 50-years as the nation’s capital. Standing 50-metres tall and home to 55 bronze bells, it is truly stunning.
On your way back to Sydney, stop off in Goulburn for dinner (own expense) before arriving back in Sydney at approximately 9pm.
Inclusions for Canberra Day Trip From Sydney Including Parliament House And The Australian War Memorial
- Entrance fees
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Canberra Day Trip From Sydney Including Parliament House And The Australian War Memorial
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.