OverviewDive in for a once-in-a-lifetime snorkel tour at Cancun's newest attraction, the Underwater Museum. Snorkel amongst the various exhibitions and learn about Cancun's preservation efforts. With over 400 life-size sculptures to discover, this aquatic exhibition is sure to leave you spellbound!
- All necessary equipment included
- Excellent value for money
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Snorkel gear included
Know More about this tourThe snorkel tour begins with a boat ride to the "Silent Evolution" site off Isla Mujeres. You'll then have 40 minutes of snorkel time to enjoy the museums sculptures and the marine life that will swim your way. Then, another boat ride will take you back to the Cancun marina. A perfect way to start your day!
The newest and most spectacular addition to Cancun, the Underwater Sculpture Museum is an under-sea sculpture gallery of more than 500 figures. The monumental underwater sculptural museum was established in the surrounding waters of Cancun, Isla Mujeres and Punta Nizuc in 2009 by British artist Jason DeCaires Taylor. The project has sparked great interest worldwide and will be an ongoing project for years to come.
The main body of the museum is called "The Silent Evolution" and consists of 500 life-size figures molded in pH neutral clay. The main goal of the museum is preservation, so the clay promotes marine growth to form a complex structure inhabited and colonized by various forms of marine life. Eventually coral reef will form on each sculpture, making them change appearance over time.
The total museum installation occupies over 1,600 sq. feet (150 sq. meters) and weighs over 120 tons, and will one day form an artificial ecosystem where various fish and marine mammals will thrive.
Inclusions for Cancun Underwater Museum
- Underwater Museum snorkel
- Use of snorkel equipment
Exclusions for Cancun Underwater Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- US$10 dock fee
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.