- First stop in Nice takes place at doorstep of the Old Town, on the vibrant Massena Square, next to the statue of Apollo. From there youll enjoy walking around the heart of Old Nice. Must-see spots like Cours Saleya incredible flower market that turns out into Mediterranean food court in the evenings as well as the surroundings baroque streets next to the Opera building reflected in the paintings of Matisse still proudly holding the mood of Napoleon era. Just few steps away you may see the Nice Cathedral of Saint Reparata built in XVII century and hear the story of the mythical martyr girl, the patroness of the cathedral. Then splendid instantiation of the Neoclassical heritage of Nice Palace of Justice and the square with the charming fountain and souvenir boutiques around it will have your full attention.
- From the Old Nice w you will continue by car to the historical district of Nice the Cimiez. Famous not only because monumental Winter Palace of the British Queen Victoria but also its nearby location of the ruins of ancient Roman city called Cemenelum (1st century C.E.) archeological site telling you more of Nice from the times of beginning of our era with surrounding olive gardens. Next to them you will have the museums of two famous painters: Matisse and Chagall. Such a great combination of history and art in this one place surely would not leave you indifferent.
- Our last stop would take place in front of St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral - the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Western Europe, opened in 1912 and meant to serve the large Russian community that had settled in Nice by the end of the 19th century. Its Byzantium style and beautiful gardens around would tell you another story of the city and its connection to the times of the Tzars.
- Then your guide would take you back to Cannes Port
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 6 Hrs
Departure Time :
We can start on your schedule but 9 AM is the recommended start time.
Departure Details :
We can start on your schedule but 9 AM is the recommended start time
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Our guide welcomes you in the port of Cannes right after your disembarkment and thats when you land in our caring hands for 6 following hours. As this is a private tour, your schedule may vary as the whim takes you and the guide would be happy to respect all your preferences. From the port Cannes youll drive by the highway to Nice On arrival in Nice you will drive by the one and only Promenade des Anglais famous boulevard along the Bay of Angels, between the airport of Nice Cote dAzur and its Port Lympia. With all the greatest hotels by, not to mention the majestic Negresco among them a real pearl of belle-epoque archirecture. Shortly before leaving Nice youll see green and rocky Castle Hill with the waterfall on the top and the old citadelle overviewing the long pebble beach of Nice washed by incredibly azur waters unique view reserved to Nice only.
Know More about this tour
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You Might Also Like
- Cannes Vespa Guided Tour
- French Riviera Villages and Countryside from Nice
- Provence Countryside Small-Group Day Trip from Cannes
- Full-day Private Cannes, St Paul de Vence, and Nice Tour from Antibes
- Monaco Small-Group Night Tour from Cannes
- Cannes Shore Excursion: Small-Group Monaco and Eze Half-Day Tour
- Antibes, St. Paul-de-Vence, St. Jeannet, and Gourdon Private Tour from Cannes
- Ferry to St Tropez from Cannes