Cantabrian Coast Wine Tour From San Sebastian
OverviewHead west from San sebastian along the beautiful Cantabrian coast, and visit the charming village of Getaria, home of the crisp, effervescent txakoli wine. After touring the oldest family-run txakoli winery, join the vintner in tasting the current year’s offering alongside artisan house-made conserves. This small-group, half-day excursion also features a visit to the museum dedicated to the fashion designer Cristobal Balenciaga, a stop in an artisan salt-cured anchovy workshop, and a stroll through the narrow streets of this enchanting seaside town.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
Depart San Sebastian, following a coastal route through countryside and farmhouses. As you drive along via private transport, your guide will tell you about the history and culture of Basque Country, including tidbits about rural life, villages, and the famous Basque gastronomy.
First, stop at the regions oldest family-run Txakoli winery. Here you will be joined by the winemaker for a guided tour of the vineyards and winery. Learn about the Txakoli-making process from start to finish, then enjoy a tasting of the current years offerings. After leaving the winery, you can visit a museum dedicated to famed fashion designer Cristobal Balenciaga, a native son of Getaria. Revolutionary in his time, his classic designs remain influential today.
Head down into the village, and meander along its narrow streets, visiting the church, the fishing port, and stopping for an artisan salt-cured fish workshop. In Getaria, enjoy an outdoor lunch of grilled fish and Txakoli wine at one of the famed portside restaurants. You can choose to accompany your guide back to San Sebastian or remain in Getaria for lunch on your own.
Inclusions for Cantabrian Coast Wine Tour From San Sebastian
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup (centrally-located San Sebastian hotels; please notify upon booking)
- Local guide
- Food tasting: please notify if any alimentary allgeries
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for Cantabrian Coast Wine Tour From San Sebastian
- Lunch: after the conclusion of the winery and village visit, guests may choose to stay for lunch on their own in the town, or return to San Sebastian with their guide.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
A small amount of walking is involved; for those with mobility concerns, please advise at the time of booking, and we will do our best to make the appropriate accommodations.
Minimum age is 9 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Sebastian pintxo and wine tour
- San Sebastian Cultural visit & Mount Igueldo
- San Sebastian Hiking, St Jacobs Way
- Full-Day Basque Coast Hop-On Hop-Off Bus From San Sebastian
- Flamenco Class in San Sebastian
- Royals, Stars, and Surfers San Sebastian Walking City Tour with a Local Guide
- Pintxos Tour
- Getaria Tour by Land and Sea from San Sebastian