This 8-hour panoramic tour for small groups in a luxury minibus or small coach starting at 8am takes you along one of South Africa's Premier Routes to Cape of Good Hope the "mythical place where the two oceans meet" The road meanders all along the coastline and a major stop is at Hout Bay where you have time for an optional ferry-ride to Seal Island or for Craft Market Shopping.
The spectacular Chapman's Peak Mountain Drive is next whereafter stunning views of numerous beaches follow. Cape of Good Hope as well as Cape Point will be visited. An optional Funicular Ride to the lighthouses can be done at Cape Point.
Return via one of two very beautiful Mountain Passes to take you into the city for drop off around 5pm.
Know More about this tour
Pick up at 9am and drive to the V & A Waterfront where our scenic tour starts. Join the Atlantic Coastline to Green Point and drive along Beach Road to Three Anchor Bay, Sea Point and Bantry Bay. A view of three beautiful beaches will be seen when you reach Clifton - the only way to get there is to take numerous steps down the mountain-side.
Your first stop is Maidons Cove from where you will have a fantastic view of the upper Cable Station on top of Table Mountain, as well as the very popular beach of Camps Bay with the Twelve Apostles as backdrop. You now head for Hout Bay where you do an optional tour to Seal Island to see the hundreds of Cape Fur Seals or you can just spend some time doing Craft Market Shopping at the harbour.
Chapmans Peak Drive, one of the most beautiful passes in South Africa, follows. As you drive along this engineering achievement you enjoy the beautiful view of Chapmans Bay as well as the pristine beach of Long Beach in the distance.The road now takes you to Noordhoek and Sun Valley as you drive inland for twenty minutes before you catch up again with the coastline. At the beautiful conservation village of Misty Cliffs. The beautiful coastline here,with its stunning waves is a haven for kite- and wind surfers.
After passing the holiday town of Scarborough we enter the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. Here you may see lots of baboons, wild Ostriches, the eland, biggest antelope or the red Hartebeest as well as the Cape Mountain Zebra and Bontebok. Stop at Cape of Good Hope to take pictures at the most south western point of Africa.
You'll then be driven to Cape Point where you may take the funicular to the lighthouses(optional) or may just walk up and down to have more time to see the beautiful Diaz beach to remind you that Bartholomeus Dias set foot on land here in 1488. Lunch follows(own account) here or you may drive to False Bay to stop for lunch at a restaurant known for seafood with the bay complimenting the picture.
After lunch you'll drive to Simonstown and Boulders Beach for an encounter with the African Penguins. Time and weather permitting you may even swim with the penguins. As you carry on take on one of two beautiful mountain passesand stop to experience aerial views of the many pristine beaches below or the picture of the vast Cape Flats in the distance.Drive back to the hotel via the University of Cape Town and Grootte Schuur hospital. The latter is known as the hospital where the first heart transplant was done in 1967 by Christiaan Barnard. Drop off back in Cape Town at approximately 5pm.
Inclusions for Cape Of Good Hope Guided Day Tour From Cape Town
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small coach.
Exclusions for Cape Of Good Hope Guided Day Tour From Cape Town
- Lunch(Own Account)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Accommodation Venue and contact details required.
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 12 people per booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
No tours on Good Friday, Christmas Day as well as New Years Day.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Full-Day Foodie Tour In Cape Town
- Cape Town Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- Sunset And Dine Afternoon Tour In Cape Town
- Private Shore Excursion: Cape Of Good Hope From Cape Town
- Marine Big 5 Adventure From Cape Town
- Half-Day Walk To Freedom Private Tour In Cape Town
- Full-Day Fine Wine And Craft Beer Tour In Constantia From Cape Town
- Half-Day Walk To Freedom Tour In Cape Town
- Cape Town City And Constantia Wine Route Private Day Tour
- Township Tour Of Cape Town