Cape Point Day Tour Including Boulders Penguin Colony From Cape TownWrite a Review
OverviewStart the tour with a boat ride to Duiker Island to see a colony of about 5000 Cape Fur Seals. Be driven along the scenic coastal road called Chapmans Peak and Misty Cliffs. Tour of Cape Point, the most South Western tip of South Africa. Lunch at Two Oceans Restaurant (for your own account). Visit Boulders Penguin Colony to see these cute little waddlers!
- Ideal choice for families
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
Be collected from your accommodation between 8:30am and 9am.
You will be driven to Hout Bay Harbour and take a boat ride out the Duiker Island which is the home of about 5000 Cape Fur Seals (if the weather is bad, a harbour tour will be had instead).
You will then meander along Chapman's Peak drive. Chapman’s Peak Drive toll road winds its way between Noordhoek and Hout Bay on the Atlantic Coast on the south-western tip of South Africa. Chapman’s Peak Drive is one of the most spectacular marine drives in the world. Chapman’s Peak Drive is affectionately known as Chappies.
Enjoy the views of Misty Cliffs as you meander along the beautiful rugged coastline towards Cape Point where you will take a funicular up to the lighthouse and enjoy the magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean to one side and False Bay to the other side. No trip to Cape Town would be complete without a visit to The Cape of Good Hope. The southern tip of the Cape Peninsula is where we find The Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, a windswept park of beautiful beaches, dramatic cliffs and Cape Point. You may even get a chance to spot the Chacma Baboon, various antelope and ostriches in the reserve.
Lunch at the Two Oceans Restaurant at Cape Point and you could be lulled into thinking you were relaxing on an ocean liner with the sea spread out before you. Since opening in December 1995, the Two Oceans Restaurant, Cape Point’s longstanding eatery, has reliably served the ravished – and often wind-whipped and rosy-cheeked – masses before and after their journey to the pinnacle of one of South Africa’s greatest natural wonders.
You will then take a drive to Boulders Beach in Simons Town to visit the colony of thousands of African Penguins. The Boulders Beach penguins are about as famous as birds can be. They're also ever-more endangered. The birds, who draw crowds of visitors who can't resist their waddling ways, are under threat from loss of habitat, dwindling fish resources, and their human neighbours.
After a full day of the above activities you will then be taken back to your accommodation at around 4:30pm.
Inclusions for Cape Point Day Tour Including Boulders Penguin Colony From Cape Town
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- All activities
Exclusions for Cape Point Day Tour Including Boulders Penguin Colony From Cape Town
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.