Cape Town Choral Music Tour
OverviewA small group evening tour visiting Cape Town choral duos and trios in their homes for private concerts and traditional Cape dinner. Part one is traditional home cooked Cape meal and a concert, and part two is a nightcap concert. Both session take place in the homes of the singers, and are intimate and engaging. The tour is about 4 hours long.
- Family friendly
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Dinner included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourThe Choral Music Tour takes small groups into the homes of choir duos and trios in the city, two nights a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
South Africa has a rich choral tradition. The most famous choral group is probably the Soweto Gospel Choir, who tour all over the world, sharing the evocative harmonies of our choral tradition.
The tour explores this tradition through two intimate concerts. Part one is dinner and a home concert, and part two is a nightcap in the home of a second choir group.
Two of the core groups we work with are Treasured Voices, a blind gospel trio from Mfuleni, and the Guguletu Gospel Stars, from Guguletu.
The tour takes place on a scheduled basis, two nights a week, in small groups of up to 12 people. The dinner session is about 90 minutes, the nightcap around 60 minutes. There is a bit of distance to be covered: around 35 minutes from the city to the 1st home, 20 minutes from the 1st to the 2nd home, and another 35 minutes from the final home back to the city, for a tour of about 4 hours.
All dietary needs are catered to. We don't serve pork or shellfish, but we cannot be totally Halaal or Kosher. We can cater for vegetarians and vegans, gluten intolerant etc.
Inclusions for Cape Town Choral Music Tour
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Live entertainment
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Cape Town Choral Music Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Insider Shopping Private Tour of Cape Town
- Cape Town City and Table Mountain Private Tour
- Cape Town Airport Shared Departure Transfer
- Private Tour: Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl Wine-Tasting Tour from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point from Cape Town
- Full-Day Cape Winelands Tour Including Franschhoek from Cape Town