Cape Town Food Tasting TourWrite a Review
OverviewUnleash your inner foodie on this 4-hour food tasting tour of Cape Town. With an expert guide, sink your teeth into an array of South African dishes and discover the history behind the countrys incredible rainbow cuisine. Visit the historical Bo-Kaap neighborhood to sample popular Cape Malay snacks, and head to a township, where youll try loxion food in a locals home. Youll also snack on street food and learn about South Africas culinary heritage. Numbers limited to 12, ensuring a small-group experience.
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAs you travel, learn how South Africa’s heritage stems from all over the world, including the Middle and Far East and Europe. Hear about some of the traditional dishes created by the indigenous people of Africa, and discover how colonization, slavery and immigration influenced the food of the Mother City.
Throughout the course of your tour, stop at three or more eateries to get a feel for the country’s distinctively varied cuisine. Perhaps stop first at a street-side cafe or restaurant in Bo-Kaap, below Signal Hill. Also known as the Malay Quarter, the neighborhood is famous for its brightly colored houses. Learn how Cape Malay cuisine is a fusion of Malaysian, Javanese, Dutch and Khoekhoe ingredients, and discover the spices used to produce the dishes’ unique flavors. Then, maybe try some local street food before continuing on to one of Cape Town’s townships, such as Langa or Guguletu, for a taste of loxion food. Visit a local’s home to taste a selection of staple dishes that might include umngqusho (traditional Xhosa dish made with samp and beans), umleqwa (farm-reared chicken), all said to have been favorites of Nelson Mandela.
After around four hours, your tour concludes back at the original start point.
Inclusions for Cape Town Food Tasting Tour
- Professional guide
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks
Exclusions for Cape Town Food Tasting Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum age is 6 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.