Cape Town Private Mother City Table Mountain Craft Market And Precious Stones (Tanzanite And Diamond) Tour
OverviewThis private tour for couples or small parties will take you on a journey in time,from the day the first settlers planted the first crops in Cape town until this present day.It will start with the Castle of Good Hope and end with a visit to the vibrant Malay Quarters with its colorful houses and friendly people.The second part of the tour will take you to the lower cable station of Table Mountain where you will take the revolving Cable Car to the top of the mountain.A circular walk on the mountain will follow to view the Mother City from different viewpoints.For tourists interested in precious stone crafting with emphasis on diamonds and tanzanite,the last part of the tour will be a highlight.
Know More about this tour
Depart at 9:30am for a Mother City Tour. The drive takes us to the Main Street-Adderley Street and we relive the experiences of the Portuguese explorers Bartholomeus Diaz and Vasco da Gama when their discoveries led to the southern point of Africa. We carry on to the Castle of Good Hope, the oldest building in South Africa. A visit to the Castle will give you the opportunity to experience the Key Ceremony (weekdays) or the "Changing of the Guards" at noon. Visit the Military Museum and take a look at the William Fehr Collection of paintings and other beautiful masterpieces of furniture.
The next interesting experience is a visit to District Six and the District Six Museum (Open Mondays to Fridays) associated with the eviction of 60 000 people due to the Apartheid system. The museum displays a miniature reconstruction of the old District Six. We then drive along buildings of Parliament, St Georges Cathedral where Bishop Desmond Tutu had his parish, Greenmarket Square and the old Townhouse. The Company Gardens follows. This is the place where the Dutch East Company established a vegetable garden to address the high rate of casualties due to scurvy. A visit to Green Market Square follows.
The Malay Quarters or Bo-Kaap with its colorful buildings grasping the attention of all keen photographe getrs is our next stop. Thereafter we drive to Signal Hill to.get a panoramic view of the Mother City.We then head to Table Mountain where we take the revolving Cable Car to the top of the mountain. Lunch stop will be on the mountain (own expense).
Return to your hotel for drop off at approximately 5pm- 5:30pm.
Inclusions for Cape Town Private Mother City Table Mountain Craft Market And Precious Stones (Tanzanite And Diamond) Tour
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Glass of Champagne
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan or minivan
Exclusions for Cape Town Private Mother City Table Mountain Craft Market And Precious Stones (Tanzanite And Diamond) Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 7 people per booking
Dress code is casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Coastal Road Cycle Day Tour from Cape Town
- Half Day Craft Beer Safari Tour from Cape Town
- Chapmans Peak Full day ebike rental
- Full-Day Golf and Cape Point Peninsula Tour
- Full Day Crocodile Cage Diving and Winelands Tour
- The Cape of Good Hope Ebike experience
- Table Mountain Skip-the-Line Ticket and Half-Day Private Chauffeur
- Private 9-Hour Cape Town Big Game Safari with Breakfast