From USD 112.31
OverviewSee the oldest living rainforest in the world. World Heritage listed Cape Tribulation is where the rainforest meets the reef. This day tour delivers it all, coastal drives and river cruises, rainforest walks, Mossman Gorge, the Daintree Rainforest and an Indigenous “Welcome to Country” and smoke ceremony.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe world’s oldest surviving tropical rainforest, Daintree, meets the greatest living tropical reef, the Great Barrier Reef, at Cape Tribulation. Nowhere else on Earth do two World Heritage–listed natural sites exist side by side, and you’ll have ample time to enjoy this paradise on your day trip from Cairns.
After hotel pickup, begin your tour with a scenic coastal drive to Port Douglas along far north Queensland’s great ocean road, which provides panoramic views over the Coral Sea. Heading north, your first stop is Mossman Gorge, the southern sector of Daintree National Park. Carved out by the mountain waters of the Mossman River, which winds through large granite boulders, the gorge is bordered by lush green forest. Participate in an Australian ‘Welcome to Country’ event with the area’s traditional owners, the indigenous Kuku Yalanji people, who cleanse you of evil spirits with a smoke ceremony and apply traditional rainforest body paint to your skin. Then enjoy a refreshing swim in the cascading waters.
Continuing North, arrive at the Daintree River, and if you select the cruise option during booking, you will head out on the river for a wildlife cruise. You might spot a crocodile while learning about the fragile ecosystem of this serpent-like river system.
Next, have lunch at Cape Trib Beach House dining on the beach with toes in the sand (weather permitting). Soak up the vibes by the ocean while you refuel for the afternoon ahead.
On the way back to Cairns, explore this ancient rainforest environment on a tour along the Marrdja Botanical Boardwalk with a highly trained guide who provides rainforest interpretation. Marvel at the diversity of vegetation, from low-lying ferns and shrubs to the massive rainforest canopy and even mangrove ecosystems, all in one short easy walk. Then head to Cape Tribulation Beach, where the rainforest meets the reef. This is one of the best photo ops of the day and the ideal place to be wowed by the natural beauty of this little corner of the planet.
Then make a pit stop at Floravilla, home to 26 flavors of locally made ice cream including dragonfruit, coconut ginger, black sapote, and goji berry with rainforest honey (ice cream at own expense).
Stop for a photo opportunity at the Alexandra Range lookout (Walu Wugirriga), which provides views over the Daintree River, its rainforest delta, and out to the Coral Sea.
Then hop back on your tour bus for the return journey to Cairns, including a quick drive through Port Douglas, a picturesque beachside village with a laidback atmosphere and many bars and cafes. Your day trip ends with drop-off at your pickup location.
Inclusions for Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge And Daintree Rainforest Day Trip From Cairns Or Port Douglas
- Welcome to Country ceremony
- Daintree River cruise (if option selected when booking)
- Daintree Tea
- National Park fees
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge And Daintree Rainforest Day Trip From Cairns Or Port Douglas
- Breakfast (available for purchase at Mossman Gorge)
- Ice cream (available for purchase at the optional stop Floravilla)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 5 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.