Cape Winelands Guided Day Tour From Cape Town
OverviewThis tour takes you to the biggest and oldest wine regions in South Africa. Not only will yousample some of the best wines,about 16 different wines in total, but you will also experience spectacular mountain drives with awesome viewpoints along the way. Beautiful original architectural styles of Cape Dutch, Victorian and Georgian are some of the things to be seen along the way. The regions of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl will be visited before drop off at 5pm.
Know More about this tour
Collect you at your hotel, guest house orcruise linerjust after 9am and drive to Stellenbosch, the biggest Wine Region in South Africa with more than 300 vineyards. On your way out of the city you will have stunning views of Table Bay, District Six, Table Mountainas well as the townships. Your first stop and tasting will be at a vineyard outside the town of Stellenbosch.
Then drive into the "Town of the Oaks" or "University Town" - Stellenbosch as it is commenly referred to.This is follwed bya city and universitydrive thereafter do the scenic Hell's Hoogte Mountain Pass on your way to Franschhoek. Some of the most beautiful valleys will be passed on this panoramic drive. But also stop at a vineyard on top of the mountain to sample 5 different superior wines. Then drive into the town of Franschhoek and the first stop here will be a viewpoint on top of the mountain to get a bird's-eye view of the Franschhoek Valley down below.The Main Street in Franschhoek is packed with coffee-shops, restaurants, art galleries and allow time to get lunchordo some shopping.
After lunch drive to the Paarl region, and the town centre of Paarl,where you'll first experience aMain Street Driveand then stop for tasting at one of the many estates toexperience how different cheeses can compliment specific wines. A very popular stop on the way from Franschhoek to Paarl will beat the Mandela Statue at the prison gate of the prison where Nelson Mandela spent the last months of his incarceration. He was released from this prison in February 1990.
Continue your circular tourand drive back to Cape Town for drop off at around 5pm.
Inclusions for Cape Winelands Guided Day Tour From Cape Town
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small coach.
Exclusions for Cape Winelands Guided Day Tour From Cape Town
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Lunch(Own account)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A maximum of 12 people per booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
No tours on Good Friday, Christmas and New Years day,
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Insider Shopping Private Tour of Cape Town
- Cape Town City and Table Mountain Private Tour
- Cape Town Airport Shared Departure Transfer
- Private Tour: Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl Wine-Tasting Tour from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point from Cape Town
- Full-Day Cape Winelands Tour Including Franschhoek from Cape Town