Cappadocia Cultural Charm Tour Including Lunch
OverviewThis full day tour is beautifully constructed so that you are immediately immersed in the history, culture charm and beauty of magical Cappadocia area. Ideal for enthusiasts or novices, its facilitated by an expert guide that ensures you will remember it!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour guide will pick you up at 9 am from your hotel and your tour will start.
Your first visit will be Esentepe Panoramic view point,where you can enjoy the picturesque landscape stretching in front of you while your guide talks about Cappadocia. Continue to Kaymakli Underground City, one of the many Underground cities which early Christians have used as shelters to hide from their enemies. Then stop by the Uchisar Castle, a natural rock hill which has been used as a Fortress during Roman periods, cave and pigeon houses carved in and around the hill look most interesting and magical.
Uchisar Castle is an very important sight in terms of being the highest point in Cappadocia ( Katpatuka ). Take some pictures at the Pigeon Valley and continue to Goreme Open Air Museum. Once the Monastery settlement of the first Christians in Cappadocia, this spot is where Christianity blossomed and spread out to the World. Some cave Churches which are displaying awesome frescoes can be seen in this Open Air Museum as well as Kitchen and Dining rooms. Lunch will be served at a Restaurant in Avanos.
In Avanos -which is a pottery Village since the Hittite periods (2000BC) -, locals are still hanging on to the tradition of their ancestors. You will have the opportunity to learn more about this traditional art which is applied on a kick wheel as the Hittites used to do. After the pottery demonstration at one of the Family run workshops continue to Pashabagi (also called the “Monks Valley”) another monastic settlement where you can find some Churches and Monks Cells. Also Pashabagi is the place where one can see in stages how the Fairy Chimneys have been formed during time. Drive on to Devrent Valley, the imaginary valley, the most surreal looking landscape in the region.
Driving back to Urgup stop at the famous “Fairy Chimneys”, the Family of fairies is awaiting you to greet you. Your last stop will be a famous Wine factory to taste this delicious liquid which has been a sacred drink since the Hittite periods.
After your tour your guide will escort you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Cappadocia Cultural Charm Tour Including Lunch
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cappadocia Cultural Charm Tour Including Lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kadathanadan Kalari Centre & Navarasa Kathakali Centre , Thekkady
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Arrival Transfer: Airport to Hotel
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport
- Sharjah Aquarium Entrance Ticket
- Millionaires Tasting Experience with 2 wines
- Private Arrival Transfer from Marrakech Airport