Cappadocia Highlights Private Guided Tour - Goreme
OverviewMake the most of your time in Cappadocia and avoid the hassle of planning how to get from point A to point B, with this one day private tour of the highlights of area with your own vehicle and licensed, English-speaking tour guide, handpicked by us for their local knowledge. You'll be picked up fromyourhotel and then driven to a vantage point to enjoy a panoramic view of Cappadocia's surreal, lunar-like landscape. You'llthen start to explore local highlights such as Kaymakli Underground City, built by early Christians escaping persecution, Uchisar Castle, and Goreme Open Air Museum with its tiny rock-cut churches and frescoes. Finish off the day with a demonstration of traditional pottery making in the nearby town of Avanos.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up from your hotel by your tour guide and driver, then driven to a vista point overlooking Goreme where your tour guide will give you an overview of therich history of Cappadocia and its unique rock formations. From the panoramic view point, we will continue on to the biggest underground city in the area, Kaymakli. Here you will be amazed as your guide explains how early Christians carved this, and other underground cities to hide from enemies. You'll see stables, wineries, places for worship, living quarters, ventilation shafts and more.
Your next stop will be Uchisar Castle, the biggest rock-cut castle in the region, built during the Byzantine Empire, and with many rooms hollowed out from the rock.
Lunch will be at one of the area's best traditional restaurants, although please note that the cost of lunch is deliberately not included in the price to allow you more flexibility to choose which local delicacies you would like to try.
After your lunch break, you willvisit the highlight of Cappadocia the UNESCO World Heritage-listed, Goreme Open Air Museum. As you explore this site, your guide will explain the meanings of frescoes covering the walls of the thousand-year-old cave churches.
Our last stop of the day isin Avanos, a picturesque town on the banks of the Kizilirmak River. Famous for its pottery for more than 4,000 years - since Hittite times, you will see a kick-wheel pottery demonstration and have the opportunity to try your hand at this traditional craft. You will arrive back at your hotel around 4pm.
Inclusions for Cappadocia Highlights Private Guided Tour
- English-speaking, licensed tour guide
- Hotel pickup anddrop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by modern, air-conditioned private vehicle
- Parking Fees
Exclusions for Cappadocia Highlights Private Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.