Capri Day Trip From Rome
OverviewVisit the chic island of Capri on a day trip from Rome, led by an expert local guide! After traveling from Rome to Naples, cross over to the gorgeous island to see its highlights. Hop aboard a boat to the Blue Grotto if you wish, and enjoy a relaxing lunch in the hilltop village of Anacapri. Explore Capris main town at leisure, and then leave the island for your journey back to Rome.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Led by a local guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourStart your day with a pickup from your central Rome hotel or alternatively, start your tour at a meeting point in town, near Rome Termini Station. Travel south, and as you gaze out at the pretty landscape of Castelli Romani look out for Abbey of Montecassino -- a spectacular Benedictine monastery perched atop of a hill.
After a journey of roughly three hours, arrive in the southern Italian region of Campania and head straight to its capital, Naples. At the port, hop off your coach and board your catamaran or hydrofoil boat for your 45-minute crossing to the island of Capri the jewel of the Amalfi regions islands.
On arrival at Capris Marina Grande harbor, hop aboard a rowing boat and relax as your guide rows you around the island to see the intriguing Blue Grotto (entry own expense). The cave is said to have sunk further into the sea since prehistoric times -- blocking out most natural light. Rays entering from an underwater cavity combine with the trickle of light from the caves only entranceway, giving the water its magical vivid-blue effect.
Return to Marina Grande and travel by coach to the unassuming little village of Anacapri, perched high on the hills overlooking Capri town. Enjoy free time for lunch in a traditional trattoria here, and soak up incredible views of the sun-baked Bay of Naples just across the water.
Head back down the hill and explore Capri Town at leisure, perhaps visiting the elegant Piazetta (Piazza Umberto) or browsing the shops for keepsakes of Capri to take home. Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, board your boat and return to your coach at Naples Port.
As you head out of the city, your guide will point out some of Naples star attractions like medieval Castel Nuovo, Certona di San Martino a sprawling monastery complex and the Royal Palace of Naples (Palazzo Reale). Relax on the journey north back to Rome, and finish your tour near Termini Station. Alternatively, make use of a drop-off at Via Veneto, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia or Piazza della Repubblica; simply let your guide know on the day.
Note: In extreme cases of bad weather, boats to Capri will be cancelled. When this happens, you will spend the day exploring Naples and the UNESCO-listed ancient ruins of Pompeii with your guide. No refund will be due.
Inclusions for Capri Day Trip From Rome
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Round-trip boat journey from Naples to Capri
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
Exclusions for Capri Day Trip From Rome
- Blue Grotto entrance fee (approximately 30 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum numbers request: (6pax from 1st november until 31march). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour