Caravaggio And The Baroque Walking Tour - Naples
OverviewDiscover the art and architectural delights of Naples during this 4-hour, small-group walking tour. Accompanied by an expert art scholar, take an enlightening journey through the city. Visit historical churches and cathedrals including the unusual Baroque church of Ges Nuovo, the 13th-century San Lorenzo Maggiore and the lavishly decorated Naples Cathedral. Stop at the Pio Monte della Misericordia to see The Seven Acts of Mercy, a painting by Renaissance master Caravaggio. Enjoy personal attention on this small-group tour, which is limited to six people. Entrance fees not included.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and fellow tour participants near Piazza del Ges and set off to discover Naples architectural richness. This southern Italian city contains a wealth of artistic treasures, many of which dates back to the 18th century, when the Spanish Bourbon family ruled and the city flourished economically.
From the meeting point, take a short walk to the church of Ges Nuovo. This eclectic Baroque building is covered in pyramid-shaped stone projections and boasts an ornate interior.
Next, venture into Naples historical center and walk with your guide to various chapels, churches and royal palaces, including the Cappella Sansevero (own expense), and the churches of San Domenico Maggiore and Santa Chiara. Pay attention as your well-informed guide points out details that you may otherwise overlook and provides historical context to the many sights you see. As this is a small-group tour, you'll enjoy an intimate experience and personal attention from your guide.
Visit the 13th-century gothic church of San Lorenzo Maggiore. If time allows, descend underneath it to see the remains of a Roman city marketplace (own expense). Once youre back on ground level, head to the church of Pio Monte della Misericordia, home to Caravaggios life-size painting The Seven Works of Mercy.
Finish up at the imposing Naples Cathedral (Duomo di San Gennaro), a masterpiece of Neapolitan Baroque architecture. Enter the cathedral and examine its decorative interior, which incorporates a fascinating 5th-century baptistery (own expense).
You tour concludes back at the departure point on Piazza del Ges.
Inclusions for Caravaggio And The Baroque Walking Tour
- Professional art historian guide
Exclusions for Caravaggio And The Baroque Walking Tour
- Entrance fees (around 16 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Itinerary:Please note: Entry fees are not included with your ticket.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum age is 12 years
A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Naples Underground Tour with Transport
- Amalfi Coast e Capri Island Overnight Tour from Naples
- Private Guided Pompeii Ruins and Sorrento Tour with a Farmhouse Lunch
- Private Transfer: Naples to Capri by Speedboat
- Private Tour: Naples Food Tasting Tour by Vintage Fiat 500 or Fiat 600
- Daily Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Tour from Naples