Cardrona High Country Pub Trail Horse Riding Trek
OverviewSaddle up on this Horse trekking experience, just 20 minutes from Wanaka. The half-day High Country Pub horse trek takes you up into the beautiful Cardrona Valley allowing breath taking views of the surrounding mountains and Cardrona Ski Area. No riding experience is necessary as all tuition is provided and there is a stopover at the historic Cardrona Hotel to stretch your legs and enjoy a drink on us!
- Small group ensures personal service
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourAfter all riding abilities and expectations have been established, riders are matched to horses and safety helmets fitted.
Horse riding is then demonstrated by the guide so the riders may watch then with the assistance of a mounting block, riders are helped on board their horse and given a one on one lesson. After a pre ride safety talk the ride commences up the mountain with the friendly and competant guide leading the way. The beautiful scenery is accompanied by a commentary of certain points of interest of Cardrona Valley including the 1860s gold rush and the working sheep, cattle and deer farm the trail passes through (including a river crossing!).
A little over half way the guide will stop the ride at the historic Cardrona Hotel where the riders will be helped to dismount, tie their horses up to the hitching rail and invited inside for a complimentary beer/wine/coffee/soft drink - the classiest way to arrive at the pub! After the break the guide will help the riders mount up again before riding back to base along the Cardrona river.
Inclusions for Cardrona High Country Pub Trail Horse Riding Trek
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet
Exclusions for Cardrona High Country Pub Trail Horse Riding Trek
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.