Carolina Lugo's And Carolé Acuña's Ballet Flamenco - San Francisco
OverviewBrace yourself for a sultry Spanish night when the wood floor burns with pulsating sounds of footwork, song, castanets, syncopated hand clapping and guitar for a riveting display of this true Spanish art form Flamenco. Mother & daughter duo, Carolinas y Caroles, high energy and passion defines a new dimension in Spanish dance traditions. In the heart of North Beach, Pachamama is a small colorful nightclub, full of charm, known for its tapas and great selections of wine, beer and specialty cocktails.
Know More about this tourA Landmark Location since 1918, it housed one of San Francisco's most important speakeasies and became one of the most famous restaurants in the city. Pea Pachamama was formerly Amelio's, a famous fine dining establishment where Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe had their wedding dinner. The Kennedys were frequent guests. In the upstairs dining room Clark Gable and Carole Lombard rendezvoused.Robin Williams declared the wildly rhythmic nightspot "the kind of place even the Amish would dance." -SF Chronicle
Pea Pachamama is known for its Latin American, Bolivian and raw food tapas and other dishes, plus wine, beer and specialty cocktails for purchase.
"Flamenco star Carol Acua brings the soul of Spain to San Francisco" - Peter Fish, Sunset Magazine
Lugo is a woman with complicated memories and sorrows When she dances, she conveys depths of melancholy, devilishness or joy through the apt placement of her torso. The tilt of her ribs, for example, is just right to create that essential image of dignity, slight arrogance and emotional daring without which Flamenco is just another collection of steps and tunes. As a musician shes equally sophisticated, inhabiting the music in the middle of every beat, with a command that is neither haughty nor proud, but self-assured, at ease. She dances the way some French cookwith what appears to be a graceful inevitability discovered on the spot." ~ Ann Murphy, Dance Critic for Dance View West Magazine "It is when Lugo and her daughter Carol Acua dance together that the women unearth a new dimension in dance..." ~ Ann Murphy, Oakland Tribune
Inclusions for Carolina Lugo's And Carolé Acuña's Ballet Flamenco
- Entrance fees
- Live entertainment
Exclusions for Carolina Lugo's And Carolé Acuña's Ballet Flamenco
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Seats are assigned by the theater box office and will not be known in advance of the performance date
Your tickets will be held at the theater box office for collection on the day of the performance
Must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Electric Tuk-Tuk San Francisco Highlight Tour
- Ultimate Day in San Francisco - Includes Official Alcatraz Tour and Muir Woods
- San Francisco City Tour with Alcatraz - Includes Official Alcatraz Tour
- Yosemite One Day by Train and Bus in Park 4 Hours
- Yosemite Transportation One Way from San Francisco area to Yosemite Valley
- Private Wine Tour to Napa & Sonoma from San Francisco with Certified Wine Guide
- 24 Hour Hop On Hop Off Pass and San Francisco Zoo
- 3 Attraction iVenture Card San Francisco