Carrara Marble Quarries, Pisa And Lucca TourWrite a Review
Explore the marble quarries of Carrara on a 4x4 off road vehicle with this full-day tour from Florence, Siena, Montecatini or San Gimignano. Experience the unique flavor of ‘Lardo di Colonnata’, enjoy some free time in Pisa’s Piazza dei Miracoli, and more.
- Carrara Marble Quarries
Know More about this tour
Visiting Carrara marble quarries by 4x4 Jeep is an unforgettable experience. You will enjoy the charm of exclusive places otherwise inaccessible for visitors on their own. Top quality off road vehicles driven by our expert staff will lead you to an altitude of 900m where your will see breathtaking scenery. Moreover, you will be given detailed explanations about both ancient and modern excavation methods in direct contact with quarrymen in work days, while cutting marble or loading huge blocks on trucks. After that you will have a short break during which you will taste the unique flavour of the ‘Lardo di Colonnata’. Then you will reach an altitude of 1200m where you can’t keep your eyes off such a view. Afterwards you will be driven to Pisa where you will visit the most renowned squares and monuments such as Piazza dei Miracoli with the Leaning Tower, the Cemetery and the Cathedral. Lucca is situated along the road that leads to the coast from Florence. It is a distinctive city of art and Renaissance style surrounded by walls, interrupted by beautiful gates and ramparts. You will have free time to take a walk along a section of the town walls to enjoy a wonderful view over the roofs, alleys, towers, churches and palaces. The tour continues with the visit to Piazza Anfiteatro, Guinigi Tower, St. Martin’s Cathedral and ends in the typical street of antique shops in the old town centre, where you will free time.
Inclusions for Carrara Marble Quarries, Pisa And Lucca Tour
- Free pick up on requeset
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Guided visit of carrara marble quarries
- Lardo do colonnata tasting
- 4X4 Off road adventure on the carrara marble quarries
- If you cancel between 0 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.