Carriacou Island Day Trip From Grenada
OverviewEscape Grenada for a slice of Caribbean paradise on Carriacou, a small island to the north that’s part of the nation of Grenada but a member of the Grenadines island chain. Laid-back and nearly deserted compared to Grenada, Carriacou is a picture-perfect day trip destination. Get there by ferry, and then take an island tour to see historical and natural attractions, enjoy a local lunch, and hang out on beautiful Paradise Beach, which is just as idyllic as its name suggests.
Know More about this tourAfter morning hotel pickup, youll be transported to the Carenage, St Georges lively waterfront, to board the Osprey, the public ferry boat that will take you on the 90-minute journey across the Caribbean to the island of Carriacou, about 20 miles (32 km) north of Grenada.
When you arrive, a Carriacou guide will greet you and take you on a tour of the island. Part of the nation of Grenada, Carriacou is much less visited than Grenada island and offers a more authentic look at Caribbean life. At only 13 square miles (34 sq km), the island is small and its attractions are easy to see during your tour, just more than an hour long.
Drive through Hillsborough, the capital and only city on the island, and pass by an old plantation house. Stop to enjoy the photo-worthy view from Belair National Park, a natural and heritage park thats home to a forest of tropical trees as well as ruins from English and French plantations. See a windmill that was once used to grind sugar; visit Windward, a village known for its boat-making trade; and learn a bit of island history at Petite Carnage, the site of a battle between the English and French.
Next, refuel at a local restaurant with an island-style lunch of chicken or fish, accompanied by rice or veggies. Then its time to hit the water. As you arrive with your guide at Paradise Beach, take a look at the long, uncrowded stretch of sugar-white sand and let out a sigh of relaxation. You have about 45 minutes of free time here to swim, sunbathe, read or take a nap. If you brought snorkeling equipment with you from Grenada, hop in the water and discover the colorful fish and other marine life.
At the end of your time on Carriacou, head back to the marina to board the Osprey for the return ferry ride to Grenada. When you arrive, youll be taken back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Carriacou Island Day Trip From Grenada
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip ferry ride
Exclusions for Carriacou Island Day Trip From Grenada
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you wish to snorkel on Carriacou, you must rent your own snorkeling equipment on Grenada before you get on the ferry; there is no equipment to rent on Carriacou
Please note: If the ferry ride to Carriacou is delayed, your time on the beach may be cut short
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting