OverviewEnjoy a guided city tour of Cartagena and explore Colombia's most-visited city! Cartagena is known for its laid-back Caribbean vibe mixed with astonishing colonial architecture. See what all the buzz is about on a guided sightseeing tour of the city that includes entrance fees to Cartagena's museums.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourCartagena is an important historical city, as its port marks the historical entry point for Spanish conquers into South America. Its fortifications, built for the protection against invasion, still stand strong in the walled city today. The colonial architecture seen in houses, government buildings and churches aided in its 1984 designation as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour and learn about Cartagena's famous past. Your guide will inform you about everything from the economic activity in 4000 BC to the current- day living standards. Learn about the traditions and culture of one of Colombia's most fascinating cities.
Your guided tour takes you through the historic center of Cartagena. Take photos of the famous clock tower (Torre del Reloj) before continuing on to Plaza de la Aduana, a place where hundreds of years ago, slaves were traded in an open market. Then, head over to the Cathedral of Cartagena before ending up at Plaza de Bolivar, home to the Gold Museum (optional visit available), Inquisition Palace and the Theater of Heredia (time permitting).
Then, visit Castillo San Felipe (San Felipe Castle). Located on the Hill of San Lázaro, this fortress was built by the Spanish in the 1600s. Admire breathtaking views of Cartagena and the sea from atop the hill. Learn about the castle's history as you take a guided tour through the fortress.
Afterwards, travel over to the Bóvedas district, an area known for its craft stores and art galleries. Spend some time browsing the local shops before heading back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Cartagena City Tour
- Cartagena city tour
- Bilingual English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cartagena City Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to Inquisition Palace and the Theater of Heredia
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Note: Guided visits to Inquisition Palace and the Theater of Heredia are not guaranteed as time may be a constraint in some cases
This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.