OverviewOn this tour, you will dive into the local gastronomy while sampling lip-smacking treats, fresh fruits and a delicious lunch.
Our guide will take you to selected places on a route designed to give you a complete overview of the food, the culture and the history of the city.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Lunch included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAlthough Cartagena is not the capital of Colombia, it is considered by many as the gastronomic capital of the Caribbean.
This 500-year-old city has been molded by the merchants, pirates, explorers and missioners that came form all over the world leaving behind a rich heritage.
Mix with the native Colombian cultures and the vast diversity of ingredients found in the region and you have as a result a bustling gastronomic scene, overflowing with exotic flavors, fruits that you have never seen before, preparations that challenge creativity and locals who are proud to share their gastronomic treasure with the world.
On this tour, you will dive into the local gastronomy while sampling lip-smacking treats, fresh fruits and a delicious lunch. Our guide will take you to selected places on a route designed to give you a complete overview of the food, the culture and the history of the city.
The tour starts atLas Bovedas gate #12 where our guide will meet you. From here we will walk to the Getsemani neighborhood, where we will have our breakfast stop. We will try Arepa de Huevo (deep-fried ground maize flat bread filled with an egg) with chilly sauce and suero costeo (a kind of thick curd). Together with tinto (our lighter version of Americano) makes the perfect breakfast for the day ahead.
From here we will take a taxi to Bazurto Local market. We will walk the busy and narrow alleys of this market, bustling with vendors selling all kinds of fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and meet.
We will have a stop to sample some fruits that you have never heard of, and interact with the friendly shop owners.
After, we will head back to the old city, straight to one of the busiest bakeries, where hot pandebonos (manioc bread with salted cheese with guava paste) and pasteles de pollo (chicken stuffed pasties) are assaulted from the shelves and accompanied by a chilled nspero or guanabana juice.
Finally, we will walk the picturesque streets of the old town until we reach one of the few remaining restaurants where locals actually eat.
Here we will finish our gastronomic adventure with a homemade sancocho de pescado (fish stew) and a coconut sweet that will leave you ready for a well-deserved afternoon nap.
Inclusions for Cartagena Local Markets And Gastronomic Tour
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Transportation to the local Market
Exclusions for Cartagena Local Markets And Gastronomic Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Advise supplier in advance of any allergies or food restrictions
Please Note: Ensure the correct option is selected during the time of booking, based on how many passengers are in your group
Passport name, number, expiration date and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.