Cartagena Old Town Architecture Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover Cartagenas rich history and beautiful colonial architecture on a guided walking tour of the citys traditional old center. Learn about the culture of Cartagena and its interesting architecture from your knowledgeable guide, and visit such beautiful sites as Plaza de Bolvar, the Cathedral of Cartagena, San Pedro Claver Square and San Pedro Church
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in a centrally located point and begin your 2-hour walking tour of the historic neighborhoods in the citys Old Town. As you walk, admire Cartagenas elaborate colonial architecture and learn about the interesting culture and history of this Colombian city from your expert guide. You'll visit the inner walled section of Old Town, which is packed with churches, plazas and palaces.
Start with a visit to Plaza de Bolvar, formerly known as Plaza de Inquisicin. Home to some of the citys most elegant colonial buildings, Plaza de Bolvar is a must-see while in old town Cartagena. Passing numerous outdoor cafes and the large statue of Simon Bolvar in the center of the plaza, make your way to the Cathedral of Cartagena.
Dating back to the 16th century, the cathedral is located across the plaza from the Government Palace. Discover the cathedrals beautiful colonial architecture up-close as you take a walk inside with your guide. Learn about how the first archbishop of Cartagena painted the building's stucco black to look like marble and how he commissioned the dome on the tower. Nearly preserved in its original form, the interior of the cathedral is simply decorated with massive semicircular archways supported on large stone columns.
Continue on to San Pedro Church, in nearby San Pedro Claver Square. Exploring the church with your guide, youll learn the history behind this imposing building, which dates back to the first half of the 18th century. Admire the beautiful stained-glass windows and high altar constructed from Italian marble. You'll also have the chance to tour Cartagena's Gold Museum (Museo de Oro), home to a large collection of gold artifacts from around the country.
Inclusions for Cartagena Old Town Architecture Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Bilingual English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Cartagena Old Town Architecture Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour includes an insurance. Please send Passport number by the time of booking to make the insurance effective
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.