Cartagena Private Popular Market Tour With Cooking Class
OverviewThis 4 hour private culinary experience will allow you to see one of the most authentic scenes of the city, the people and food. This tour was specially designed for those who enjoy experiencing cooking and learning about local food. After shopping for the ingredients for your lunch, the tour will meet up with a traditional Cartagena chef, who will teach you how to make an authentic Colombian dish.
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
After a 9am pick up from your hotel or port, the tour starts in the market for a 1 hour guided view of all what the market has to offer - the types of fish fromColombian coasts, see the traditional cookers and exoticdishes, vegetables and try someexoticfruits of the region. During this time you will help bargain for the food required for the cooking class, as well as enjoy the local music by the live bands in the area.
Note: The visit to the market is an optional part of the tour. However, it is a recommended portion as it shows an authentic side to the area and allows you to see a large part of the everyday culture of the city.
After the market visit, the guide will take you to a local house in La Boquilla, a fishing village not far from the market. Here you will meet your traditional cook, prepared to teach you techniques and recipes that have been passed down many generations. The focus of the lesson will be cooking old traditional recipes with local, fresh ingredients.
Some of the many foods you will be shown how to make is coconutrice, fritefish, green plantainfrites, greensalad, shrimps, lobster, and ceviche.
After enjoying the food you cooked, you will be taken back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Cartagena Private Popular Market Tour With Cooking Class
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Cartagena Private Popular Market Tour With Cooking Class
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Night Trolley Sightseeing in Cartagena
- Old Town Walking Tour of Cartagena
- Cartagena City Trolley Tour
- Bazurto Food Market Tour
- Sibarita Express Cartagena Harbor Cruise with 4 Course Dinner and Wine
- San Basilio de Palenque UNESCO World Heritage Site Daytrip: Africa in America
- Experience Cartagena Salsa Nightlife and fund a non profit: funwithapurpose
- An Unforgettable Sunset Sailing Evening