Cartagena Walking Tour
OverviewThis is a walking tour through the walled city of Cartagena, guided by a Zenu indigenous. Have a walk through particular points of the historic area and the colonial wall, meet fellow Zenu members and have interviews with them. Learn the history of the city, and the story of the Zenu Ethnic Group, who have been living in the region since more than four thousand years ago. Have a guided tour through the Gold Museum and finish back in our offices after a two hour walk.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourMeeting point is in the city centerat 9am or 4pm, where you meet the guide and the translator. The guide will narrate the story of the Zenu, a Colombian ethnic group of the Caribbean region, that have lived in the regionfor more than four thousand years, and had designed a complex hydraulic system to take advantage of the seasonal floods.
This guided walk will go through the city and to the Gold Museum (half hour guided tour in the museum). You will hear the story of the Zenu and their struggle when invaded by the Spanish colonizers and the story of how the Zenu managed to survive the invasion, their big losses, and their current ways of living and how they keep struggling in the city.
Goto the Navy Museum, interview with a fellow Zenu indigenous that works in the city streets and get to know his life story. Have a snack and a coffee then walk to the Centenario Park, meet more fellow Zenu and learn about their ways of organization and work. Finally walk to the walls and the vaults and learn about their story.
Finally walk back to the original meeting point.
Inclusions for Cartagena Walking Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
Exclusions for Cartagena Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Remember Cartagena is a hot city! Wear a hat, comfy clothing and sun block.
Minimum numbers apply (5 people). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.