Cartago Day Trip By Rail From San Jose: Bike Ride And Market Tour
OverviewReady for a change of scenery from the hustle and bustle of San jose? Ride the rails to nearby Cartago and enjoy a bike tour of the historical town! After a guided morning stroll, a 45-minute train trip takes you through the mountains to this sleepy oasis, where youll bicycle to its Central Market for some tasty bites. Enjoy the fresh air and friendly locals on this half-day tour, with transport by bus back to the capital. Numbers limited to 12 people, ensuring an intimate experience with a small group.
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide and small group at a central location near Parque de Espaol (Spain Park), one of the oldest parks in the city. Learn a bit of history about the area, crossing the street for a close-up view of the Yellow House the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before continuing on foot to the National Liquor Factory. Your guide shares snippets about these 19th-century landmarks before you make your trip out of town.
Follow your guide on a 10-minute hike up into the hills of San Jose until arriving at the Atlantic Railroad, where youll hop on a train to Cartago. This scenic 45-minute journey takes you past the university campus and further into the mountains through local coffee plantations.
When you reach Cartago, hop on your bike and coast through the streets of this beautiful city, learning all about its history along the way. Your guide makes regular stops at colonial landmarks to fill you in on the background of this historical Costa Rican town, where you'll be among many locals who get around by bicycle.
Finish up at the Central Market, where you can brush shoulders with the locals and sample the cuisine, gaining plenty of insight from your guide on regional foods and flavors. Afterward, hop on a local bus and return to San Jose, where your guide will happily point you in the direction of your accommodation or offer tips on exploring the city.
Inclusions for Cartago Day Trip By Rail From San Jose: Bike Ride And Market Tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples
- Transport tickets
- Use of bike and helmet
Exclusions for Cartago Day Trip By Rail From San Jose: Bike Ride And Market Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Maximum group size is 12 persons
Casual clothing. Please bring a hat and sunglasses for hot weather.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Beyond Horseback Adventure with Lunch near Jaco
- San Jos City Tour
- Cinco Ceibas Combo Tour 3 in 1
- Doka Estate and La Paz Waterfalls Gardens from San Jose
- Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose
- Full Day Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour from San Jose
- Celeste River from San Jose
- Half-Day Trip to Irazu Volcano and Cartago from San Jose