Cartago Highlights With Irazu Volcano And Hot Springs Private Tour - San Jose
OverviewDiscover the beautiful province of Cartago with a professional naturalist tour guide and in a private basis tour with no other passengers and pushing guides. On this Private Tour, you will visiting the Summit of Irazu Volcano National Park, The Orosi Valley and its emblematic and Old Church and the enchanted Rio Perlas Hotel and Hot Springs, where you will taste the local flavors of Cartago and enjoy a relaxing time at the Thermal and Therapeutic Pool heated by the volcano.
Know More about this tour
This popular tour star with the pick up at your hotel. After it, one-hour transfer will take you to the summit of this beautiful volcano.
Iraz Volcano National Park is aNational Parkin theCentral Volcanic Conservation AreaofCosta Rica. The volcano is still active although the last major eruptions were between 1963 and 1965, with occasional minor eruptions and some small lava flows since that time.
The Crater Principal lake has an unusual greenish yellow coloring caused by rainfall dissolving the minerals along the craters walls. It has also been known to change colour to rust-red depending on the minerals present.
The name could come from either the combination of "ara" (point) and "tzu" (thunder)or a corruption ofIztar, which was the name of an indigenous village on the flanks of the volcano. In Costa Rica, it is known by the name of "El Coloso" (The Colossus) due to the catastrophes that it has provoked in the past.
The volcano's summit has several craters, one of which contains Diego de la Haya, a greencrater lakeof variable depth. At 11,260 feet (3,432 m), the Iraz Volcano is the highest active volcano in Costa Rica. It is easily visited fromSan Jos, with a road leading right up to the summit craters. From the top, it is possible to see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans on a clear day. However, such clear days are rare, and the volcano's summit is usually cloud-covered.
Temperatures at its summit vary between 3 and 17C (37 and 63F)
Irazu volcano is astratovolcanowith a summit elevation of 3,432 metres (11,260ft). Its five craters are easily differentiated. The most important ones, because of their activity, are The Main Crater and the Diego de la Haya crater. The Main Crater is almost circular, has very inclined walls and it measures 1,050 metres (3,440ft) in diameter and 300 metres (980ft) deep. The Diego de la Haya crater is 600 metres (2,000ft) in diameter and 100 metres (330ft) deep. Other craters are Playa Hermosa, La Laguna, and El Piroclastico.
After the visit to the volcano, you will enjoy the beauty of the Orosi Valley and Town. Orosi Church is an Iconic place. This small town puts travelers in an ideal spot to view some of the country's most historic landmarks, including the Iglesia de San Jose de Orosi, which was built in 1743 and is the oldest church in the country still in use today. The church's whitewashed walls and classic Spanish-colonial architecture are a testament to the long hours and artistic dedication that went into this church's design. Nearby this town, we will continue our journey to Rio Perlas, a beautiful Hotel and Hot Springs complex where you will be able to have a great lunch and enjoy the thermal pool, gardens and rainforest.
By 3:00 PM, departure to San Jose, arriving to your hotel by 5:00 PM.
Inclusions for Cartago Highlights With Irazu Volcano And Hot Springs Private Tour
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- Admission ticket
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Cartago Highlights With Irazu Volcano And Hot Springs Private Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring your swimm suit and sandals for the thermal pool break.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Jos City Tour
- Cinco Ceibas Combo Tour 3 in 1
- Doka Estate and La Paz Waterfalls Gardens from San Jose
- Venado Caves and La Fortuna Waterfall from San Jose
- Full Day Monteverde Cloud Forest Tour from San Jose
- Celeste River from San Jose
- Half-Day Trip to Irazu Volcano and Cartago from San Jose
- Irazu Volcano, Cartago Ruins and Sarapiqui River Tour from San Jose