OverviewA fan of Bacardi spirits? Then dont pass up a chance to visit Casa Bacardi, known as the Cathedral of Rum. Kick back a cocktail before hopping aboard a trolley through the distillerys museum, and soak up insight into the worlds largest privately held, family-owned spirits company. Next, cross a bridge into Old San Juan and learn about this National Historic Preservation site. Visit San Cristobal Fort and take in panoramas of San Juan Bay and El Morro Fort. This half-day tour by minivan comes with transport from selected hotels.
Know More about this tourUpon afternoon hotel pickup by minivan, take a short drive to Catao, home of the famous Casa Bacadi. The largest rum distillery in the world, Bacardi was started in Cuba in 1862 before moving to Puerto Rico in 1936. Kick off your guided tour with a 12-oz welcome cocktail prepared on-site at the distillerys pavilion.
Then, take a seat in a trolley, which takes you through an interactive exhibit, and learn about the Bacardi brand and family-owned business. See a recreation of the original distillery in Cuba, as well as memorabilia and photographs showing Bacardis history. Take a whiff of displays of rum you pass by and get to know the different varieties of the spirit. At the bottling plant, gain insight into the fermentation and production process.
After the tour, youll have time to browse the gift shop and purchase rum and souvenirs to take home.
Back aboard your minivan, youre off to Old San Juan, the second oldest city in the New World. A National Historic Preservation site, this charming town dates back to 1513.
Drive past well-preserved examples of Spanish colonial architecture, including the white-marbled Capitol Building facing the Atlantic and the Spanish Moorish architecture of Casa de Espaa. As you wind your way through the hilly and narrow streets, learn about Old San Juans history.
Pass parts of the massive City Wall, or La Muralla, nearly 20 feet (6 meters) thick and up to 60 feet (18 meters) tall in certain places. Then, stretch your legs with a stop at San Cristobal Fort, built in 1785. Your guide shares insight into the largest Spanish military structure in the New World, explaining its innovative layout and its tumultuous history in guarding the city from attack. Capture mesmerizing views of San Juan Bay and 400-year-old El Morro Fort.
Your half-day tour ends with time for shopping along Old San Juans blue cobblestone streets before drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Casa Bacardi And Old San Juan Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fee for the Bacardi Distillery
- Entrance fee for the Cristobal Fort
- 12-ounce handcrafted Bacardi rum cocktail
- Commemorative souvenir cup
Exclusions for Casa Bacardi And Old San Juan Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and additional drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Transport does not pickup from cruise ship port (go to the Condado Plaza Hotel for pickup)
Hotel pickup and drop-off not available for the St Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, Gran Melia Golf Resort or El Conquistador Resort
Hotel pickup and drop-off not available from Old San Juan
Tour buses are wheelchair accessible, but do not have a wheelchair lift. Must have a folding wheelchair.
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.