Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private Casablanca And Rabat Day Trip
OverviewWhile youre in port, make the most of your time in Casablanca and visit the ancient capital of Rabat on this private shore excursion. With your very own guide, visit Casablancas Hassan II Mosque, one of the worlds largest mosques, and Notre Dame de Lourdes Cathedral with your guide. Then, in Rabat, explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Kasbah of the Udayas near the banks of the Bou Regreg River; admire Alaouite dynasty architecture at the Mausoleum of Mohammed V; and see the Hassan Tower.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Casablanca, meet your guide at the port and hop aboard your private air-conditioned vehicle to begin your tour.
Drive out of town along the picturesque Ain Diab coastal road and visit the impressive Hassan II Mosque (own expense), one of the worlds largest mosques and a magnificent example of modern Moroccan architecture. During your 1-hour tour, gain insight into the role the mosque plays in Moroccan culture and admire at its grand interior.
Continue with your guide to the striking Notre Dame de Lourdes Cathedral, widely considered among the regions finest places of worship. Admire the cathedrals European-influenced architecture and spectacular stained-glass windows, and listen as your guide talks of its significance among the regions Catholic inhabitants.
Hop back into your vehicle and relax on the 45-minute journey to Rabat, Moroccos capital and one of the nations four imperial cities. On arrival, stop for lunch at your leisure (own expense) at one of the citys traditional restaurants or in a cafe on the marina.
Visit the Kasbah of the Udayas, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed Islamic fortress near the Bou Regreg River. Built between the 12th and 13th centuries, the Kasbah of the Udayas is considered by many to be the gem in Rabats crown.
Head onward to the Mausoleum of Mohammed V, one of the finest examples of Alaouite dynasty architecture in the capital. Gaze over the tombs of the Moroccan king Mohammed V and his son, and listen as your guide talks of the royals importance in Moroccan culture and history.
Finish your time in Rabat at Hassan Tower, a monument of red sandstone sitting among the ruins of a 12th-century mosque. Built by the Almohad dynasty who once ruled an area of land reaching from Southern Spain to Mali and Libya the tower represents one of the most powerful ruling powers in Moroccan history.
When its time to leave Rabat behind, hop back in your vehicle and relax on the coastal drive back to port in Casablanca, where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private Casablanca And Rabat Day Trip
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees to all sites except Hassan II Mosque
Exclusions for Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private Casablanca And Rabat Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Hassan II Mosque (approximately 120 Moroccan Dirhams per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children under 6 years old
Due to stairs and uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties or using a wheelchair
Visiting Hassan II Mosque will require you to cover your legs and wear a head scarf
A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.