OverviewWhile youre in port in Casablanca, discover two of Moroccos most delightful coastal towns on this private shore excursion to El Jadida and Azemmour. With your very own guide, take in panoramic harbor views from the fortified ramparts in the UNESCO-listed city of El Jadida, and admire top city attractions such as the Portuguese Cistern while gaining insight into the towns colonial heritage. Then, travel along the Oum Er-Rbia River to Azemmours attractive Old Town and visit the 16th-century synagogue, where Arabs, Jews and Berbers have co-existed for thousands of years.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Casablanca, meet your guide at the port and hop aboard your air-conditioned vehicle for the 1-hour drive to El Jadida.
On arrival, follow your guide on a tour of El Jadidas ancient walled city known as the medina. Built on the Atlantic coast by Portuguese colonialists in the 16th century, El Jadida is today a UNESCO World Heritage-listed town famous for its fortified ramparts and impressive sea defences.
As you explore the medina, admire wrought-iron balconies and houses constructed in the traditional Portuguese style. Stroll through sleepy back streets to ancient squares where mosques and churches stand side by side, and gaze out over the traditional fishing boats bobbing on the waves in the harbor.
Discover the Portuguese Cistern, a vaulted cavern originally built as a military arsenal. Gaze down inside the cistern, where a single shaft of light bounces off the water and illuminates the ancient stone arches and columns below.
After lunch (own expense) at one of the seafood cafes in El Jadida, hop back into your vehicle for the scenic 20-minute journey to the fortified village of Azemmour. Pause at the entrance to the village and admire beautiful views over the banks of the Oum Er-Rbia River.
In Azemmour, enjoy a walking tour through the pretty, white-washed Old Town and soak up the atmosphere in this ancient corner of Morocco. Admire the city walls decorated by many of the talented artists who call Azemmour home and visit the 16th-century synagogue, a symbol of the age-old coexistence between Arabs, Jews and Moroccos native Berbers.
When its time to leave Azemmour behind, hop back in your vehicle and relax on the drive back to port in Casablanca, where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private El Jadida And Azemmour Day Trip
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private driver
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private El Jadida And Azemmour Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children under 6 years old
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties or using a wheelchair
A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.