Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private Rabat Day TripWrite a Review
OverviewWhile youre in port in Casablanca, spend your time exploring Moroccos ancient capital on this private Rabat shore excursion. On your sightseeing tour, travel along the Atlantic coast to Rabat and discover top city attractions like the Royal Palace and Chellah an abandoned 12th-century fortress. Follow your guide to the Mausoleum of Mohammed V, a masterpiece of Moroccan architecture. Admire the red sandstone Hassan Tower and explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Kasbah of the Udayas, near the banks of the Bou Regreg River.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Casablanca, enjoy a shore excursion to see the best sights of nearby Rabat — Morocco’s ancient capital. Meet your private guide at Casablanca’s port and hop aboard your air-conditioned vehicle for the 1-hour journey north along the coast to Rabat.
On arrival, begin with a tour through the city. Take in top attractions such as the esplanade of the Royal Palace — the official residence of the King of Morocco — and Chellah, an abandoned fortress dating back to the 12th century.
Sit down to lunch at your leisure (own expense) at one of the city’s traditional restaurants or in a cafe on the marina, then continue on to the Mausoleum of Mohammed V. Widely considered a masterpiece of modern Alaouite dynasty architecture, the mausoleum houses the tombs of the Moroccan king Mohammed V and his son.
Continue on to the historic Hassan Tower, a Rabat landmark of red sandstone nestled among the ruins of a 12th-century mosque. Head to the Bou Regreg River and stop to visit the Kasbah of the Udayas, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed Islamic fortress built during the reign of the Almohads.
Spend time admiring the kasbah’s impressive gardens, then hop back in your vehicle and relax on the coastal drive back to port in Casablanca, where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private Rabat Day Trip
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private driver-guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Casablanca Shore Excursion: Private Rabat Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for children under 6 years old
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes recommended
Due to uneven surfaces and stairs, this tour is not suitable for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Ladies are required to wear a head scarf at the mausoleum of Mohammed V
A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.