OverviewVisit the seaside village of Cassis on this half-day trip from Aix-en-Provence! One of the French Riviera’s quaint coastal gems, Cassis is the perfect place to experience the charm of a Provencal fishing village first-hand. After exploring its harbor, you can do as little or as much here as you like! Perhaps hop aboard a sightseeing boat to see the famous Cassis calanques (own expense), or check out the village's ambient cafés and shops.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Aix-en-Provence and head down to the coast to the seaside town of Cassis – just under an hour away. After traveling along the scenic Corniche des Crêtes road, stop to admire dramatic coastal views of the Gulf of Cassis from Cape Canaille – the magnificent headland that tops France’s highest sea cliffs.
Head down the hills and stop in Cassis to walk around its pretty harbor, lined with pastel-painted houses of all different shapes and sizes. While big enough to call itself a town, it still enjoys the charm of an authentic Provencal fishing village, and its quaintness is something that’s definitely unique on the glitzy Cote d’Azur.
After getting acquainted with Cassis Harbour, how you spend the rest of your time is totally up to you! Perhaps hop aboard a sightseeing boat and cruise to see the Cassis calanques – a series of magnificent limestone rock formations that jut out along the coastline. Said to have been formed by ancient streams, which have long since dried up, the long narrow bays are likened to fjords, featuring white sandy beaches lapped by the azure sea of the Med.
At the pre-arranged time, meet your guide in central Cassis, and return to central Aix-en-Provence by minibus.
Inclusions for Cassis Half-Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Calanques cruise (only from April, 2017 - before that, it is not included)
Exclusions for Cassis Half-Day Trip From Aix-en-Provence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Calanques cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.