Castel Del Monte, Andria And Trani
OverviewDiscover the unusual beauty of Castel del Monte with this tour that makes you understand and ponder over its architecture and octagonal layout. Continue your tour with a visit to Andria, the cathedral and St. Augustine church built by the Knights Templar. Conclude it with a visit to Trani and its stunning cathedral overlooking the vistas of sea.
- Castel del Monte is the most famous castle built by the eclectic Swabian Emperor Frederick II and it's an Unesco site. The castle stands lonely on a hill near Andria and it has been built following an unusual octagonal layout that, along with other features of the castle, have fueled countless theories about its real function.
- The tour continues with Andria (always faithfull to Fedrerick II as it's written on St. Andrew's gate) with the cathedral, St. Augustine church built by the Knights Templar.
- At the end of the itinerary we will visit Trani and its stunning cathedral (dedicated to S. Nicola Pellegrino) overlooking the sea and one of the finest examples of Apulian Romanesque architecture, the swabian castle, its interesting city center with the Jewish heritage, the picturesque port with several fish restaurants.
Know More about this tour
The tour is a 6 hours one but I suggest to extend it to a full day one. Depending on your interest we can visit Bari (with the old town and the Murat district); Bisceglie with its dolmens (pre-classical era megalithic funeral monuments), the castle and the Cathedral; Molfetta (with the fishing port and the Duomo Vecchio overlooking the sea); Barletta and its cathedral, the Swabian castle, the church of Santo Sepolcro and the bronze statue of the Colossus (4, 5 meters tall); Bitonto and its renaissance and baroque palaces, the Romanesque cathedral (one of the most magnificient buildings of Apulia's medieval architecture); Ruvo with its Romanesque cathedral and National Archeological "Jatta" Museum; Canosa and the Cathedral dedicated to S. Sabino (where it's possible to admire the sculputure of the Ambo by Acceptus and the Bishop's trone by Romunaldo) and the Mausoleum of Boemund.
We can also visit a masseria (typical farmhouse), a winery, an olive oil mill or shopping at Molfetta Fashion District Outlet.
Inclusions for Castel Del Monte, Andria And Trani
- Guided visit (up to 6 hours) in English language.
- TRansportation (with my Ford Focus with 5 seats including driver) for 3 or 4 (if you are not too tall or large as my car is not very comfortable for 5 people) people max with the following itinerary included: Trani-Castel del Monte-Andria-Trani.
Exclusions for Castel Del Monte, Andria And Trani
- Extra hours.
- Meal and/or tipycal food tasting.
- Entrance ticket at Castel del Monte: 5 eur (50% reduction for you people from 18 to 25 years old; free of charge for people under 18 years old or over 65 years old).
- If your group is 4 or larger, I can arrange for the appropriate transportation (with a van for up to 9 poeple including driver or a minibus for larger groups), please contact me for a customized tour that is appropriately priced for your group.
- Boat trip and/or fishing excursion: to be quoted.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.