Castel Sant Angelo Private Guided Tour In Rome
OverviewSpecial 2 hrs private tour discovering one of the most important roman monuments, Castel Sant Angelo.Thanks to this special private tour, you will avoid the crowded group tours and skip the line with your privileged entrance. This is your best chance to appreciate the best this amazing monumental masterpiece. Your personal guide will lead you around and inside the Castle. Your guide will show you the impressive castle's architecture; tell you about the several historical stages when the castle was one of the main characters of the Eternal City; show you amazing masterpieces such us incredible frescoes. This and so much more. Joining this 2-hours private guided tour, you will have the pleasure of enjoying a special and unique customized service, having the best guided tour, as never before.
Know More about this tour
This tour will take you away from the crowds and carry you into the Roman age right up to the 19th century! You will learn about powerful emperors, intriguing popes, mad rushes, executions and much more!
Meet your guide in front of the entrance to the Castel SantAngelo, next to the bridge, and set off on a 2/3-hour guided tour. Youll learn about all the sculptures located on the Ponte SantAngelo that crosses the citys main river, the Tiber.
After discovering the history of the bridge and its many beautiful statues, with your private guide you will enter without queuing to Castel Sant'Angelo and you will admire the historical development of this important place which has been first a Roman tomb, then a papal residence, fortress, prison, and execution ground, and currently a museum offering one of the most amazing views over the city, its roofs and domes.
The fortress was originally commissioned by the Roman Emperor Hadrian as a burial chamber for his family and for himself. During the tour, youll visit several rooms used by the popes, including Pope Clement VIIs bathroom decorated by Raphaels frescoes. But beyond the amazing decorations, golden stuccos, sparkling marble floors, the castle hides a dark heart: the dreadful prisons, the most terrible one was inserted in a vent over the elicoidal ramp of Hadrians Mausoleum, a small room accessible just from a trapdoor, and another one in the floor was used to get rid of corpses. The Castel SantAngelo has also inspired several writers and directors, for example, Dan Brown mentions the Castle in his best seller Angels and Demons
Youll climb to the top of the building to the terrace, where youll enjoy stunning views of the Rome and a great place for selfies.
During the visit you will see:
- Emperor Adrian's tomb
- Popish apartments and bastion
- Michelangelo's courtyard
- An amazing panoramic view from the terrace
- Castel Sant'Angelo bridge
Inclusions for Castel Sant Angelo Private Guided Tour In Rome
- Entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly(over the8 people)
- Professional art historian guide
- Skip-the-line access
Exclusions for Castel Sant Angelo Private Guided Tour In Rome
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Dress code is smart casual
Private guided tour
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Inside the castle there is a little chapel that can be visited; the entrance required that shoulders and knees must be covered
Group size: min 2 - max 10 people
Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- Christmas Walking Tour in Rome
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour