07.30am: Start time, pick-up from your centrally located hotel
07.30am 09.30am: Drive to Sinaia
09.30am 11.00am: Visit Peles Castle
11.00am 12.00pm: Drive to Bran Castle
12.00pm 01.30pm: Lunch (own expense)
01.30pm 03.00pm: Visit Bran Castle
03.15pm 03.45pm: Drive to Brasov
03.45pm 5.00pm: Brasov Walking Tour
5.00pm 7.30pm: Drive to Bucharest, drop-off at your hotel
Peles Castle: Located in Sinaia (44 km from Brasov), it is often considered one of the most beautiful castles in all of Europe. In the natural back drops of the Carpathian Mountains the castle is a masterpiece of German Renaissance architecture.
Bran Castle: Also known as the 'Castle of Dracula' - Discover one of the most famous sights in Romania, a medieval dwelling dating from the 14th century. The legend about Dracula, Bram Stoker's story is based on the life of Vlad Tepes/Vlad the Impaler (1431-1476), a ruler revered by Romanians for standing up to the Ottoman Empire. Known as one of the most dreadful enemies of the Turks, Vlad started organizing the state and enforcing the law by applying death penalty and impaling all those he considered enemies.
After a delicious Romanian lunch (own expense) continue with a walking tour in the historical center of Brasov.
Brasov Tour highlights: Council Square, Black Church, Citadel of Brasov, Ecaterina's Gate, White Tower, Black Tower, Rope Street - the narrowest street in Romania and one of the skinniest in the world, Palace of Justice and the City Hall.
Please note: Peles Castle is closed on certain dates. On the dates when Peles Castle is closed this sites will be substituted for Rasnov Fortress, a fascinating medieval peasant citadel from the 14th century.
*Peles Castle is closed on the following dates:
08 April 2018 - Orthodox Easter
16 May - 15 Sept: closed on Mondays
16 Sep - 15 May: closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
30 Oct - 30 Nov 2017: Peles Castle is closed the entire period for restoration works.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 12 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Your hotel lobby or In front of your accommodation
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewVisit Dracula's Castle and Peles Castle on a private day trip from Bucharest.Legend has it that Count Dracula lived in a castle in Transylvania. Surrounded by an aura of mystery and perched high atop a rock, Bran Castle owes its fame to imposing towers the myth created around Bram Stocker's 'Dracula'. Discover the enchanting mountain region of the Carpathian Mountains and the cities of Sinaia, Bran and Brasov.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or minivan
- English-speaking licensed guide and driver
- Entrance fees
- Photo fees (for taking photos at the castles)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Peles Castle is closed the entire period from 30 Oct - 30 Nov 2017 for restoration works.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Private Tour of Bucharest and Mogosoaia Palace
- Day Trip To Dracula's Castle from Bucharest
- Small-Group Day Trip to Dracula's Castle, Brasov and Peles Castle from Bucharest
- Bucharest Heritage City Tour - The Last Days of Communism
- 8-Day Private Dracula's Legends Tour from Bucharest
- Private Day Trip to Peles and Dracula's Castle with Black Church Brasov from Bucharest
- 2-Day Best of Transylvania Private Tour from Bucharest