Catalina Island Golf Course - Santa Catalina IslandWrite a Review
OverviewSanta Catalina Island's charm and history are mirrored by the Catalina Island Golf Course, the oldest operating golf course along the west coast. Originally built in 1892, this scenic, 2,100 yard course has nine challenging holes, two sets of tees for 18-hole play, and is the former home of the Bobby Jones Invitational Tournament. A fully stocked pro shop, rental clubs and carts that are electric or pull are available.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourCheck in at the pro shop at the Catalina Island Golf Course for your 9-hole round.
First designed with just three holes, this golf course at the Catalina Island Country Club was expanded to nine holes in the early 1900s, and in 1929 was made into an 18-hole tournament-worthy course. During World War II, the course fell into disrepair but was brought back to life in 1945. Since 1967, the Avalon Men's Golf Club has sponsored the Catalina Island Junior Golf Tournament; golfers who played in this tournament and went on to greater fame include Craig Stadler, Corey Pavin, and Tiger Woods, who first played here at age 4 and then again at 14.
During your round, you'll play the current five par-4 and four par-3 holes, following the long and narrow course as it meanders through a canyon setting toward the ocean (watch out for deer, hawks, and island foxes who frequent the area). The small greens and deep bunkers are enough to challenge any golfer. A driving net is available.
Inclusions for Catalina Island Golf Course
- Green fee for 9-hole round of golf
Exclusions for Catalina Island Golf Course
- Hotel pickup and drop-off / transportation to golf course
- Full set of golf clubs (available to rent)
- Electric golf cart (available to rent)
- Pull cart (available to rent)
- Additional 9 holes (can be purchased at time of check-in, based on availability, for a full 18-hole round)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For optional rentals at golf course: Additional charges will be applied, due at time of check-in at the pro shop; all rental items are subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.