Catania Segway Tour
OverviewExplore Catania by Segway on a 3-hour city highlights tour, led by an expert local guide! On your self-balancing electric Segway, glide through the city streets getting to know the charm of Sicily enthralling second city. Discover the delights of its UNESCO-listed historical center, and pose for photos next to the comical-looking Fountain of the Elephant in Piazza Duomo. Gaze out toward Mount Etna from a vantage point at Piazza Dante, and admire the city’s medieval crowning glory – Castle Ursino.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly guide at Villa Pacini near Piazza Alcal, and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, youll weave through the streets into Catanias UNESCO-listed centro storico (historical center), following your guide away from the hustle and bustle of Catanias modern streets.
Glide along to Piazza Duomo in the very heart of the city and marvel at its Baroque palazzi as your guide explains the grandiose monuments that are scattered around. Pose for photos in front of the Fountain of the Elephant -- carved in Catanias trademark black volcanic stone and see the imposing City Hall.
Work your way along Via Etnea, the bustling main street named after the towns nemesis the brooding Mount Etna and visit Piazza Stesicoro to see the remains of the wealthy Roman town that Catania once was. Admire the ruins of the Roman amphitheater a site that once held crowds of 16,000 and see the monument to Vincenzo Bellini the famous opera composer from Catania.
Continue down Via Etnea and cross into Villa Bellini, the public park, to start winding your way up the leafy paths to the highest part of town at Piazza Dante. Stop to soak up the views over the city from outside San Nicola Church and admire the exterior of the Benedictine monastery.
Start to work your way back to the start point, passing along Via Crociferi a film location for many Italian films and pass beneath the arch of San Benedetto to visit Piazza Federico di Svevia and its showpiece the lovely 13th-century Castle Ursino.
After three hours of exploring the city streets, finish your tour back at Villa Pacini.
Inclusions for Catania Segway Tour
- Segway tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
- Headphones to hear the guide clearly
Exclusions for Catania Segway Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.