Catemaco Lake And Los Tuxtlas Day Trip From Veracruz
OverviewDiscover both the history and natural beauty of the Veracruz area on this full-day tour to the region of Los Tuxtlas. With visits to three towns Santiago Tuxtla, San Andrs Tuxtla and Catemaco youll admire ancient cultural artifacts, watch cigars being made by hand and see Catemaco Lake. Plus, see Salto de Eyipantla waterfall, and take a walk through the rainforest in Los Tuxtlas Biosphere Reserve, located on the Gulf of Mexico in the Sierra de los Tuxtlas (Tuxtlas Mountains).
Know More about this tourYour day trip from Veracruz starts with hotel pickup by minivan for the 85-mile (140-km) drive down the coast to your first stop of the day the town of Santiago Tuxtla.
When you arrive, visit the cultural museum and see the Olmec head, one of the towns main attractions. The Olmecs one of Mexicos first civilizations were known for their colossal heads, huge sculptures made from single boulders of volcanic basalt from the Tuxtlas Mountains. Less than 20 heads currently exist, so enjoy this chance to see such a rare piece of culture.
Return to your minivan for the 9-mile (14-km) drive to San Andrs Tuxtla, another town in the Tuxtlas region. Here, experience a different piece of Mexican culture the world of cigars! With your guide, visit a tobacco plantation and a cigar factory to find out how the products are made, from plant to packaging.
Then its on to your next location, Catemaco, with a brief stop along the way at Salto de Eyipantla, a thundering waterfall thats more than 100 feet (30 meters) wide. It has been featured in several films and commercials, including Mel Gibsons Apocalypto.
Approximately 7 miles (12 km) down the road, youll reach Catemaco, the town on the shores of the lake of the same name (Laguna Catemaco). When you arrive, soak up the natural beauty of the town, admiring its prime location between the lake and lush volcanic mountains. You'll also make a lunch stop in Catemaco (own expense).
With your guide, head to Nanciyaga, a nature park on Catemaco Lake, within Los Tuxtlas Biosphere Reserve. Take a walk along the rainforest paths, keeping your eyes peeled for birds and other native animals.
After your walk, hop back in the minivan one last time for the drive back to Veracruz.
Inclusions for Catemaco Lake And Los Tuxtlas Day Trip From Veracruz
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
Exclusions for Catemaco Lake And Los Tuxtlas Day Trip From Veracruz
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Diving and Reefs in Veracruz
- What you should visit in Veracruz
- Live a Kayak Experience
- Adrenaline and Fun Aquatic park
- Chachalacas beach and sand dunes
- Sandboarding and Snorkel in Chachalacas Beach
- Catemaco and Los Tuxtlas Natural Adventure Day Trip
- Cordoba and Orizaba High Mountains Route Day Trip from Veracruz