Cava Experience Penedès - Barcelona
OverviewExperience the traditional culture of Cava and discover the flavors and aromas of wines from Penedès. Spend the morning with a visit to the spectacular vineyards and wineries in the center of Catalonia, with one of the widest varieties of grapes in any wine region in the world.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Spend a morning in a truly unique environment. After meeting the guide, you will take the railway to move to the center of Catalonia. A short hour later, the train will arrive in the Penedswine region. It seems that the time has stopped as the surroundings, the vineyards and even the traditions are still the same as many years before.
Because of the bright sun and the Mediterranean Sea, the Penedsregion has one of the widest varieties of grapes in any wine region in the world.
You will enter in this idyllic spot with the local train while the guide explains to you the features of the area and the importance of its wines. The next stop is inSant Sadurn Danoia. It is in these fields where the most international Catalan product is obtained:the Cava. You will discover the origins of thissparkling winein an entertaining journey through the history and culture of the town.
First, you will visitFreixenet,one of the most traditional cellars of the country,whose origins date back to 1861. You willdive into the history of this legendary company, one of the largest producers of cava in the world and its guides willexplain you everything about the cava production process, from the first pressing of the grapes to the secondary fermentation. You will also see how technology has adapted to the traditional method on atrain ride for its extensive underground facilities.
At the end, you will get the opportunity totaste the different Cava of the house. You will also be able to purchase some exemplary in its store "Dolores Ferrer" which houses an assortment of products to meet the diverse palates.
Finally, a short walking tour through the center of Sant Sadurnwill help you understand the importance of Cava in the historical development of the area. There are more than 80 local producers spread over the streets, and the boom in wine production in the late nineteenth century is reflected in the beautiful modernist facades of the buildings from the center of the town.
Inclusions for Cava Experience Penedès
- Professional local guide
- Transportation in RENFE Rodalies train
- Cava tasting and entrance Cava Ticket included
- Walking tour in Sant Sadurn.
- Small-group(maximum 10 people)
Exclusions for Cava Experience Penedès
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.