Cave Tubing From San Ignacio
OverviewGear up and hike across the Waist-deepCave's Branch River up to your starting point and then set afloat on an inner tube.Your guide will float you though a series of spectacular Maya Caves with visible ancient artifacts and variousfascinating natural formations. You'll then exit the river and strap onto your harness for an amazing soarthrough and above the Belizean Jungle canopies. The views from each course are captivating, especially the final run which sends you gliding over a very picturesque river below.
Know More about this tour
Pick ups begin as early as 7:00AM for hotels within San Ignacio Town.
Additional fees apply for hotels outside of Town.
The tour scheduleflexible depending on cruise ship groups, traffic on roads, and your guide's attention to details, including off-the beaten path extras he may occasionally throw in (adding value to your tour).
Tour departsSan Ignacio Town at 8:00AM.
You'llembark on our journey out of San Ignacio on a1 hour & 15 minutes drive along the George Price Highway (paved road) until arriving at the junction of the Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing outpost. The sites parking lot is another 10 minutes or so on paved road.
At the site:
Make use of theexpansive restroom complex to change into your swimwear. Your guide then walks you over to the tube racks where youll pick a tube of your choice. You will be provided with life jackets, helmets, and headlamps.
Geared up, you will embark on a 45 minutes hike across the clear green Caves Branch River. A rope at the crossing keep you from straying. The water is waist-deep, normally.After the river crossing, you'll hike a jungle trail heading upstream. Your guide will point out interesting aspects of the local flora &fauna as you trek through perfect time to take out your cameras (preferably water proof).
After a briefing on the proper safety techniques you'll set afloat through a series of caverns which periodically open up to the sunshine & jungle. Your guide will occasionally point out various Maya artifacts within the crevices of the caves. Depending on time availability, he may allow you to unboard your tube & walk up for a closer look into hidden chambers of the cave which are normally not explored by many other companies or cruise ship passengers due to time constraints.
Lunch is served buffet style on-site. After lunch, it's a short hike onto the zip line check-in station, (just long enough to get your stomach settled).
At the Zip Line Course:
At the check-in station, skilled on-site guides will brief you on safety procedures while fitting you with their own helmets, harnesses, and gloves. The first line is a teaser to get you hyped up. There are 6 rounds in total, each lasting about 12 seconds and covering 40 300 feet of cable with the highest at 150 ft. The last two lengths take you soaring over the caves branch river in an exhilarating and scenic glide. The entire course lasts about 30 to 45 minutes.
After our zipline adventure, you'll walk back to the parking lot where you'll board the vehicle and head back onto San Ignacio via the George Price Highway, arriving around 5:00 to 6:00PM.
Inclusions for Cave Tubing From San Ignacio
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Cave Tubing From San Ignacio
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for pregnant women
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
Please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Departure Transfer: San Ignacio Hotels to Belize International Airport
- Cave Tubing and Zip line Adventure from San Ignacio
- Xunantunich and Big Rock Falls
- Belize 3 Days and 2 nights 5 tours
- Xunantunich Temples and Jungle Pontoon Waterfall Adventure
- Waterfall Horseback Ride from San Ignacio
- Jungle Pontoon Waterfall Adventure Tour