Cempoala Ruins And La Antigua Day Trip From Veracruz
OverviewSpend half a day immersed in Mexican history on this fascinating tour from Veracruz. With a local guide, youll travel to two sites of importance in Mexicos long past the Mesoamerican archaeological ruins of Cempoala and the small town of La Antigua, the first Spanish settlement in Mexico. See ancient temples and other structures at Cempoala, and visit attractions like the first Catholic church in the Americas and the house of Hernn Corts in La Antigua.
Know More about this tourYour day trip from Veracruz begins with hotel pickup by an air-conditioned minivan for the approximate 30-mile (50-km) drive northwest to Cempoala.
With your guide, tour the archaeological site to see its many structures, including the Templo Mayor (Major Temple), Templo de las Chimeneas (Temple of the Chimneys), Templo del Dios del Viento y la Cruz (God of Winds Temple and the Cross) and Circulo de los Gladiadores (Circle of the Gladiators).
Learn about Cempoala's Mesoamerican history from its days as the capital of the Totanac Empire to its defeat by the Aztecs and hear about the origin of its name, which means twenty waters. Then re-board your minivan for the drive to La Antigua, about 20 minutes south, back toward Veracruz.
When you arrive in La Antigua, have lunch (own expense) at a local eatery called Las Delicias del Mar. Then explore the small, tree-lined town with your guide, checking out its main attractions like La Casa del Cabildo (one of the oldest Spanish structures still standing in Mexico), Ermita del Rosario (the first Catholic church in the Americas) and the house built in 1523 that belonged to Hernn Corts, the 16th-century conquistador (conqueror) who led the Spanish invasion of the Aztec Empire.
Your tour ends when you are returned to your Veracruz hotel.
Inclusions for Cempoala Ruins And La Antigua Day Trip From Veracruz
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Cempoala Ruins And La Antigua Day Trip From Veracruz
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.