Central Park Walking Tour - New York CityWrite a Review
OverviewCentral Park is New York Cityâs crown jewel. On this vigorous 3-hour walking tour, start at the southeast corner, walk up to the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir, and end at Columbus Circle.Â Sights seen include Belvedere Castle and Strawberry Fields, The Dakota, Bethesda Terrace, Cleopatraâs Needle and Literary Walk.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourCentral Park is New York City’s crown jewel. What a brilliant idea it was to create this green oasis in the middle of an expanding city, full of hustle and bustle. This rectangular park covers 843 acres. On this vigorous walking tour you will see the sights of Central Park as you have never seen them before.
Visit the secluded Shakespeare Garden, the Swedish Cottage, and popular Strawberry Fields, the tribute to John Lennon. You will see The Dakota, the nearby apartment building where John Lennon lived. See the Central Park Lake and the Ramble, and climb up to Belvedere Castle for sweeping views of the park; the monument to a king stands nearby.
See the oldest man-made object in the park. Literary Walk is a lovely spot. The Mall, a quarter-mile long promenade lined with brilliant American Elm trees, ends with the excitement and beauty of Bethesda Terrace.
Find out what the connection is between the Sheep Meadow and Tavern on the Green, the finish line for the New York City Marathon. The tour ends on the southwest corner of the park, at the USS Maine Memorial Monument in Columbus Circle.
Inclusions for Central Park Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Central Park Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a vigorous walking tour, and you're on your feet for 3 hours. There are many inclines throughout the route, and three separate sets of steps to navigate
Should the weather interfere with this outdoor walking tour, its replacement is the Subway Art Tour
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for participants in wheelchairs or with baby strollers, we navigate several flights of steps, plus there are many inclines throughout the route
Not recommended for families with children below the age of 13
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.