Cerro Colorado Trekking Tour From San Martin De Los Andes - San Martín De Los Andes
OverviewSee stunning views from the top of Cerro Colorado, an extinct volcano in the Neuquen province of Argentina, on this full-day guided trekking tour. After hotel pickup in San Martin de los Andes, an experienced guide takes you on a moderate hike up the 5,833-foot (1,778-meter) mountain, showing you local plants and geological formations along the ascent. When you reach the summit, youll enjoy some of the best views of the region. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour for a personalized experience.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour day trip to Cerro Colorado volcano begins with a convenient pickup at your San Martin de los Andes hotel. Get to know your informative local guide, who is part of the trusted AAGM (Asociacin Argentina de Guas de Montaa). The scenic drive to the volcano takes approx. 40 minutes, and its towering presence can be seen from many surrounding vantage points.
When you arrive at the base, prepare for a 3-hour climb up the statuesque volcano, which reaches 5,833 feet above sea level. Crossing a small, tranquil stream signifies your entrance to a lush forest, comprised of beech trees that rise to 98 feet high (30 meters). Your well-marked path then leads into a picturesque canyon that ascends up the side of the volcano.
As you make your way up the mountain, your guide enlightens you about the local vegetation and the unique geology, which reveals how this region was formed thousands of years ago as well as how it continues to change at present day. Check out the texture of the volcanic rocks, which change in size and texture as you zero in on the summit, and search for telltale clues about the volcano through time.
As you gain higher elevation, the trees and plants shrink in size and become sparse, revealing a magnificent view that extends throughout the entire Lcar basin. Once at the top, youre rewarded with unforgettable 360-degree views of Lago Lcar (Lake Lcar), the Chapelco mountain range, Cerro Abanico and more.
Enjoy some time to soak it all in, then prepare for the 2-hour descent down the mountain, where youll be driven back to your San Martin de los Andes hotel.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Cerro Colorado Trekking Tour From San Martin De Los Andes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cerro Colorado Trekking Tour From San Martin De Los Andes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Aerial tram ticket
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 12 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
You must bring your own lunch
During the winter months (June through September), it is recommended that you wear warm clothes and bring a jacket or sweater
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- White Water Rafting Tour from San Martin de los Andes at Rio Chimehuin
- Road of the Seven Lakes to Villa La Angostura from San Martin de los Andes
- Lann Volcano Hiking Tour in San Martin de los Andes
- Huechulafquen Lake and Lanin Volcano Full Day Tour
- Villa La Angostura Through 7 Lakes
- Chapelco's Hill Visit
- Villa Quila Quina (July - Dec)