Cerro Falkner Hiking Tour From San Martín De Los Andes - San Martín De Los AndesWrite a Review
OverviewSoak up panoramas of glassy lakes and snowcapped peaks from the top of Cerro Falkner in the Neuqun province of Argentina, on this full-day guided hiking tour. After hotel pickup in San Martn de los Andes, an experienced guide takes you on a moderate hike up the 7,709-foot (2,350-meter) mountain. Travel to and back from Cerro Falkner along the famous Seven Lakes Road linking Lann National Park to Nahuel Huapi National Park. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour for a memorable experience.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour day trip to Cerro Falkner begins with a convenient pickup at your San Martn de los Andes hotel. Travel with your guide south for 31 miles (50 km) along one of the most famous circuits in Argentina, the Seven Lakes Route (Ruta de los Siete Lagos), also known as Seven Lakes Road. The 68-mile-long (110-km) road connects San Martn de los Andes to Villa La Angostura, both in the Neuqun province, stretching from the southern end of Lann National Park to the northern sector of Nahuel Huapi National Park.
Enjoy a pleasant drive as you pass four principal lakes of Lcar, Villarino, Falkner and Machonico, and into the mountainous forests of ire (reed) and coihue trees.
When you arrive at the base of Cerro Falkner, located in the northern end of Nahuel Huapi National Park, prepare for a 3-hour climb of medium-level difficulty to the summit ridge, 7,709 feet above sea level. Trek through ire and lenga woods, and keep watch for ducks, condors, foxes and frogs during your journey.
Take a break for lunch (bring your own) on your way to the top. As you rest, your guide explains the local vegetation and the unique geology of the area.
Reach the ridge and capture mesmerizing views of the lakes of Villarino, Falkner, Nuevo and Filo Hua Hum. Gaze at the snowcapped Lann Volcano and Cerro Villarica to the north, and dozens of peaks to the south and west, including Tronador, Puntiagudo and Osorno hills.
Enjoy time to take in the abundant natural beauty, and then begin the 2-hour descent down the mountain, where youll be driven back to your San Martn de los Andes hotel.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Cerro Falkner Hiking Tour From San Martín De Los Andes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cerro Falkner Hiking Tour From San Martín De Los Andes
- Gratuities (optional)
- National Park entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 12 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
During the winter months (June through September), it is recommended that you wear warm clothes and bring a jacket or sweater
Note: You must bring your own lunch
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.