Cerro Negro Volcano Sandboarding Tour From Managua
OverviewEnjoy a thrilling sandboard adventure down Cerro Negro Volcano on this day trip from Managua! Hike to the top of Cerro Negro and take in panoramic views of both the Telica and San Cristobal volcanos before surfing down the side of the volcano on a custom sandboard. This adrenaline-filled activity is a unique way to discover Cerro Negro Volcano, one of Central Americas youngest volcanoes, and its surrounding sites.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in Managua, begin your day trip with a journey approximately 1.5 hours north to Cerro Negro Volcano. Located in the Cordillera de los Maribios mountain range, Cerro Negro is one of the youngest volcanos in Central America. Its terrain consists of gravel-type volcanic debris, and its often referred to as the 'Black Hill.'
When you reach Cerro Negro, your guide will give you a brief overview and safety instruction before leading you on a hike up the steep volcano. Although it's less than a mile to the top of Cerro Negro, the hike up is very steep and considered difficult, so be prepared for a tough but rewarding 1.5-hour climb! Feel free to bring along snacks and water to refuel on this hike.
When you reach the top, at an elevation of about 1,640 feet (500 meters), take in gorgeous views of the surrounding Telica and San Cristobal volcanos. Then, strap in and enjoy a thrilling sandboard adventure down the volcano!
You'll have the option to sit or stand on your board, depending on your comfort level. After your tour, youll have time to stop for lunch (own expense) in Len before returning to Managua.
Inclusions for Cerro Negro Volcano Sandboarding Tour From Managua
- Entrance fees
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Cerro Negro Volcano Sandboarding Tour From Managua
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wearing hiking shoes is suggested
Note: bring snacks and/or water for the hike up Cerro Negro
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.